Background and activities
I`m studying movement and movement control and associations with pain and self reported function in chronic neck pain patients
2016-2020: Post doc NTNU
2012-2016: Phd candidate NTNU
2010-2012: Physiotherapist in primary health care
2008-2010: MSc Exercise Physiology and Sport Science,NTNU
2004-2007: BSc Physiotherapy, HIST
My study, movement and motor control in chronic neck pain patients, is a part of a large project called FYSIOPRIM (Physiotherapy in primary health care). In our lab we can do several tests for motor control :
- Range of motion and joint position error
- The Fly test (from Kristjansson) and trajectory of a figure of eight used in a previous phd project in our lab
- Postural balance
- Head lift test
In our lab we use a 3D measuring device from Polhemus (Liberty). The lab is developed in close cooperation with engineers from NTNU.
I want to study the association between pain and self reported function and movement and motor control. The datacollection started in January 2013 and will go on for a year.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Neck motion, motor control, pain and disability: A longitudinal study of associations in neck pain patients in physiotherapy treatment. Manual Therapy. vol. 22.
- (2016) Mechanisms controlling human head stabilization during random rotational perturbations in the horizontal plane revisited. Physiological Reports. vol. 4 (10).
- (2015) Evidence for a general stiffening motor control pattern in neck pain: A cross sectional study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 16 (56).
- (2017) Motion,Motor Control and Psychological Factors in Neck Pain. 2017.