Background and activities
Fields of competence
Inger Andresen is focusing on developing concepts and solutions for zero emission buildings and plus energy houses. Her main research interest is to develop effective energy solutions that are integral parts of the building design and that supports the realisation of sustainable buildings and good architecture. Her focus is not only on energy efficiency and low carbon footprint, but also on solutions that perform well with respect to indoor and outdoor environment, economics and social aspects.
Andresen has a PhD in Integrated energy design from NTNU (2000) og a masters degree in "Building energy systems" from University of Colorado (1991).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Embodied greenhouse gas emissions from PV systems in Norwegian residential Zero Emission Pilot Buildings. Solar Energy. vol. 133.
- (2016) Aerogel vs. argon insulation in windows: A greenhouse gas emissions analysis. Building and Environment. vol. 101.
- (2015) Solar energy for net zero energy buildings - A comparison between solar thermal, PV and photovoltaic-thermal (PV/T) systems. Solar Energy. vol. 122.
- (2015) Moisture Conditions in Passive House Wall Constructions. Energy Procedia. vol. 78.
- (2015) Moisture conditions in well-insulated wood-frame walls. Simulations, laboratory measurements and field measurements. Wood Material Science & Engineering. vol. 10 (3).
- (2013) Energy payback: An attributional and environmentally focused approach to energy balance in net zero energy buildings. Energy and Buildings. vol. 65.
- (2011) Zero Emission Building concepts in office buildings in Norway. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. vol. 2 (2).
- (2011) Design guidelines for energy efficient concepts in office buildings in Norway. Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal. vol. 5 (4).
- (2011) Proposal of a Norwegian ZEB definition: Assessing the implications for design. Journal of Green Building, College Publishing, USA. vol. 6 (3).
- (2010) The development of future weather data files for Norway. The International Journal of Climate Change. vol. 2 (3).
- (2010) Building for climate change meeting the design challenges of the 21st century. Nordisk arkitekturforskning. vol. 22 (1/2).
- (2009) The role of advanced integrated facades in the design of sustainable buildings. Journal of Green Building, College Publishing, USA. vol. 4 (1).
- (2010) Guidelines for energy efficient concepts in office buildings in Norway. 2010. ISBN 978-82-536-1154-9.
- (2007) Smarte energieffektive bygninger. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2007. ISBN 9788251922371.
Part of book/report
- (2012) Design of a Zero Energy Office Building at Haakonsvern, Bergen. PassivhusNorden 2012.
- (2011) Nordic market for climate friendly buildings - status, barriers and opportunities. Energy efficiency first: The foundation of a low-carbon society. ECEEE 2011 Summer Study Proceedings.
- (2010) Development of future weather data set based on SRES scenario. conference proceedings SB10 Finland - Sustainable Community - buildingSMART.
- (2010) Cost effective energetic refurbishment of office buildings in Norway. Proceedings of international conference on solar heating, cooling and buildings - EuroSun 2010.
- (2008) Energy-efficient office buildings in Norway – from low energy standard to passive house standard. Conference proceedings : the first Nordic Conference on Passive Houses : 2-3 April 2008 Trondheim, Norway : Passivhus Norden 2008.
- (2007) Multi-criteria decision making (MCDM) methods. Sustainable solar housing: Strategies and solutions.