Background and activities
Ingrid Schjølberg is Vice Dean for research and innovation at the Faculty of Engineering. She is professor in Marine Technology and director of NTNU Oceans.
2013-14 Project Director Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS)
2002-13 Research Manager SINTEF ICT
1997-01 Research Scientist SINTEF Energy
1996 PhD in Engineering Cybernetics NTNU
1992-93 Research fellow, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
1991 MSc in Engineering Cybernetics NTNU
2017- Board of directors SINTEF Ocean
2017- Board of directors NIVA Norsk Institutt for Vannforskning
2016- Board of directors NTNU Technology Transfer AS
2015-17 Board of directors WaterLinked AS
2014-16 Board of directors Inventas AS
2009-13 Board of directors Maskon AS
2007-13 Head of ROBOTNOR at NTNU/SINTEF
2007- Operating Agent for IEA - Hydrogen Implementing Agreement
Ongoing research activities:
Focus on autonomy and automation in ocean space, oil and gas, aquaculture, manufacturing and hydrogen production.
Next Generation Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Operations (NextGenIMR) (2014-17)
EU ECSEL JU Smart networking Underwater Robots in Cooperation SWARMS (2015-18)
Main supervisor for PhD students:
Member of steering committees: Legacy of Nansen, CoE CAGE, GoNorth
Member of Scientific Advisory Board: SFI CIU (Centroe for innovative ultrasound solutions)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Globally Exponentially Stable Aided Inertial Navigation with hydroacoustic Measurements from A Single Transponder. American Control Conference (ACC). vol. 37 (1).
- (2016) Time Domain Modeling of ROV Umbilical using Beam Equations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Development of collision risk indicators for autonomous subsea inspection maintenance and repair. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries.
- (2016) UW MORSE - The UnderWater Modular Open Robot Simulation Engine. IEEE / OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Proceedings.
- (2016) Adaptable Joystick Control System for Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Enhanced Hydroacoustic Range Robustness of Three-Stage Position Filter based on Long Baseline Measurements with Unknown Wave Speed. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Attitude and Gyro bias estimation using range-difference and IMU measurements. IEEE / OES Autonomous Underwater Vehicles. Proceedings.
- (2016) Integration of risk in hierarchical path planning of underwater vehicles. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Efficient Modelling Methodology for Reconfigurable Underwater Robots. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Next Generation Subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair Operations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Three-stage filter for position and velocity estimation from long baseline measurements with unknown wave speed. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2015) Outlier rejection in underwater acoustic position measurements based on prediction errors. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).
- (2015) Towards autonomy in ROV operations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (2).
- (2015) On the need for online decision support in FPSO-shuttle tanker collision risk reduction. Ocean Engineering. vol. 101.
- (2014) Path Following of Underactuated Marine Surface Vessels in the Presence of Unknown Ocean Currents. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2012) Towards the Integration of Process and Quality Control using Multi-agent Technology. IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. Annual Conference. Proceedings.
- (2012) On the Boundedness Property of the Inertia Matrix and Skew-Symmetric Property of the Coriolis Matrix for Vehicle-Manipulator Systems. Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement, and Control. vol. 134 (4).
- (2012) Development of Robotic Solutions for Oil/Gas, Aluminum and Manufacturing Industry. IEEE Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation.
- (2012) Small scale reformers for on-site hydrogen supply. Energy Procedia. vol. 29.
- (2011) Learning Intelligent Controllers for Path-following Skills on Snake-like Robots. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7102.