Ivar Skjåk NordrumProfessor Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children´s and Women´s Health
firstname.lastname@example.org +47 72573205 +47 91639062
Background and activities
SUMMARY CV (Revised 2014-04-22. Created 2010-04-10)
Positions (current): Professor in Forensic Medicine at NTNU, Senior Consultant in Surgical Pathology at St. Olavs Hospital - Trondheim University Hospital.
Education: MD, PhD and certified surgical pathologist.
Former workplaces: MD and PhD at University of Tromsø. Surgical Pathologist and forensic pathologist at the University Hospital of Northern Norway, Oslo University Hospital (former National Hospital) and the Institute of Forensic Medicine at the University of Oslo (now Division of Forensic Medicine and Drug Abuse Research at The Norwegian Institute of Public Health).
Teaching: General and systemic pathology, forensic pathology and legal medicine in the medical curriculum. In addition students from high schools and different post graduate groups.
Lectures: About 100 lectures abroad and domestic, mainly on topics in forensic pathology and telepathology.
Work abroad: 1. Lecturer at Kathmandu University and Dhulikhel Hospital in Nepal from February 9 to February 20 in 2009. 2. Forensic pathologist. DVI-team Norway. Tsunami disaster in Pukhet inThailand. May 2005. 3. Visiting doctor at Office of Chief Medical Examiner, Manhattan, the City of New York. April 2005 (5 weeks). 4. Mortuary team member in Bosnia August/September 2000 (2 weeks). Employed by ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia), United Nations.
Leadership and membership: Current : 1. Head of the Committee for renewing the Medical Curriculum at DMF-NTNU. 2. Member, Faculty Board, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 3. Head, Medical Museum, the Knowledge Centre, St. Olavs Hospital - Trondheim University Hospital and the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 4. Member, Working Group on the Autopsy, Norwegian Association of Pathology. 5. Member of the Norwegian Commission of Forensic Medicine. 6. Member of the National Disaster Victim Identification Team. 2007-2016. Some former: 1. Head of the Teaching Group in Surgical Pathology and Forensic Medicine. Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 2. Main spokesman for the Association of Physicians in Academic Positions at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 3. Head of the Unit of Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 4. Head of the Quality Assurance Committee in the Norwegian Association of Pathology. 5. Head of the SNOMED Committee in the Norwegian Association of Pathology. 6. Vice Chairman. The Norwegian Association of Pathology.
Leisure activities: Playing baritone saxophone in symphonic band and saxophone quartet, and spending time at my mountain home.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A validated method for simultaneous determination of codeine, codeine-6-glucuronide, norcodeine, morphine, morphine-3-glucuronide and morphine-6-glucuronide in post-mortem blood, vitreous fluid, muscle, fat and brain tissue by LC-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology.
- (2014) Cytomegalovirus infection and postoperative complications in patients with ulcerative colitis undergoing colectomy. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. volum 49 (7).
- (2014) The gastric mucosa 25 years after proxiaml gastric vagotomy. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. volum 49 (10).
- (2014) The PAS positive material in gastric cancer cells of signet ring type is not mucin. Experimental and molecular pathology (Print). volum 96 (3).
- (2014) The normal neuroendocrine cells of the upper gastrointestinal tract lack E-cadherin. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. volum 49 (8).
- (2013) Acetylsalicylic acid treatment until surgery reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. volum 43 (6).
- (2013) Relevance of TNBS-Colitis in Rats: A Methodological Study with Endoscopic, Historical and Transcripttomic Characterization and Correlation to IBD. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (1).
- (2013) Su1771 Reduced Guanylate Cyclase C Signaling in IBD May Sustain Inflammation, Epithelial Barrier Dysfunction and Increase Cancer Risk in IBD. Gastroenterology. volum 144 (5).
- (2013) The effects of unilateral truncal vagotomy on gastric carcinogenesis in hypergastrinemic Japanese female cotton rats. Regulatory Peptides. volum 184.
- (2013) Dynamics of immune effector mechanisms during infection with Mycobacterium aviumin C57BL/6 mice. Immunology. volum 140 (2).
- (2013) The Gastrin Receptor Antagonist Netazepide (YF476) Prevents Oxyntic Mucosal Inflammation Induced by Helicobacter Pylori Infection in Mongolian Gerbils. Helicobacter. volum 18 (6).
- (2013) In situ hybridization in human and rodent tissue by the use of a new and simplified method. Applied immunohistochemistry & molecular morphology (Print). volum 21 (2).
- (2012) Gastric Carcinomas Localized to the Cardia. Gastroenterology Research and Practice.
- (2012) Tu1912 Endoscopic, Histological and Transcriptomic Characterization of TNBS-Colitis in Rats, a Model for IBD. Gastroenterology. volum 142.
- (2012) Treatment of gastric carcinoids type 1 with the gastrin receptor antagonist netazepide (YF476) results in regression of tumours and normalisation of serum chromogranin A. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. volum 36 (11-12).
- (2012) Investigation of morphine and morphine glucuronide levels and cytochrome P450 isoenzyme 2D6 genotype in codeine-related deaths. Forensic Science International. volum 220 (1-3).
- (2012) Forensic autopsies in a naturalistic setting in Norway: Autopsy rates and toxicological findings. Forensic Science International. volum 223 (1-3).
- (2012) Smooth muscle in the human mitral valve: extent and implications for dynamic modelling. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). volum 120 (6).
- (2012) The gastrin receptor antagonist YF476 prevents oxyntic mucosal inflammation due to Helicobacter pylori infection in Mongolian gerbils. Regulatory Peptides. volum 177.
- (2011) Modeling active muscle contraction of mitral valve leaflets during systole: a first approach. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. volum 10 (1).