Background and activities
SUMMARY CV (Revised 2015-11-10. Created 2010-04-10)
Positions (current): Programme Leader for Medical Curriculum and Professor in Forensic Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine - NTNU. Senior Consultant in Surgical Pathology at St. Olavs Hospital - Trondheim University Hospital.
Education: Social sciences (one year foundation course), MD, PhD and certified surgical pathologist.
Former workplaces: MD and PhD at Artic University of Norway (University of Tromsø). Surgical Pathologist and Forensic Pathologist at the University Hospital of Northern Norway, Oslo University Hospital (former National Hospital) and the Institute of Forensic Medicine at the University of Oslo (now Division of Forensic Medicine and Drug Abuse Research at The Norwegian Institute of Public Health).
Teaching: General and systemic pathology, forensic pathology and legal medicine in the medical curriculum. In addition students from high schools and different post graduate groups.
Lectures: About 100 lectures abroad and domestic, mainly on topics in forensic pathology and telepathology.
Awards and nominations: 1. Education award, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU in 2015. 2. Nominated to the Best Teacher Award at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU in 2008. 3. The Department of Morphology (six professors) was awarded the SINTEF price for outstanding teaching by NTNU in 2007 for the Course in General Pathology. The course was initiated and drafted by Nordrum when the curriculum was revised in 2003. 4. The Telenor Nordic Research Prize 1999 was awarded "The Telepathology Group" (Tor J. Eide, Bjørn Engum, Ivar Nordrum, Birger J. Nymo and Eivind Rinde).
Work abroad: 1. Lecturer at Kathmandu University and Dhulikhel Hospital in Nepal from February 9 to February 20 in 2009. 2. Forensic pathologist. DVI-team Norway. Tsunami disaster in Pukhet inThailand. May 2005. 3. Visiting doctor at Office of Chief Medical Examiner, Manhattan, City of New York. April 2005 (5 weeks). 4. Mortuary team member in Bosnia August/September 2000 (2 weeks). Employed by ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia), United Nations.
Leadership current: 1. Head of the Committee for renewing the Medical Curriculum at DMF-NTNU. NTNU. 2. Head, Medical Museum, the Knowledge Centre, St. Olavs Hospital - Trondheim University Hospital and the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU.
Membership current: 1. Member, Faculty Board, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 2. Member, Working Group on the Autopsy, Norwegian Association of Pathology. 3. Member of the Norwegian Board of Forensic Medicine. 4. Member of the National Disaster Victim Identification Team.
Leadership former (some): 1. Head of the Teaching Group in Surgical Pathology and Forensic Medicine. Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 2. Main spokesman for the Association of Physicians in Academic Positions at the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 3. Head of the Unit of Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU. 4. Head of the Quality Assurance Committee in the Norwegian Association of Pathology. 5. Head of the SNOMED Committee in the Norwegian Association of Pathology. 6. Vice Chairman. The Norwegian Association of Pathology.
Leisure activities: Playing baritone saxophone in symphonic band and saxophone quartet, and spending time at my mountain home.
- Cristin - research results: all
- Cristin - research results: media contribution
- Cristin - research results: conference lecture and academic presentation
- Cristin - research results: journal publication and book chapter
- Cristin - research results: not otherwise included
Publications: (If searching PubMed use: Nordrum I*)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A validated method for simultaneous determination of codeine, codeine-6-glucuronide, norcodeine, morphine, morphine-3-glucuronide and morphine-6-glucuronide in post-mortem blood, vitreous fluid, muscle, fat and brain tissue by LC-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology. vol. 39 (3).
- (2012) Investigation of morphine and morphine glucuronide levels and cytochrome P450 isoenzyme 2D6 genotype in codeine-related deaths. Forensic Science International. vol. 220 (1-3).
- (2012) Forensic autopsies in a naturalistic setting in Norway: Autopsy rates and toxicological findings. Forensic Science International. vol. 223 (1-3).
- (2012) Smooth muscle in the human mitral valve: extent and implications for dynamic modelling. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). vol. 120 (6).
- (2011) Rettspatologien i Norge: status presens og glimt fra historien. Caput et Corpus.
- (2011) Modeling active muscle contraction of mitral valve leaflets during systole: a first approach. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. vol. 10 (1).
- (2007) Biopsi ved normal koloskopi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 127.
- (2005) Long-term serotonin administration induces heart valve disease in rats. Circulation. vol. 111 (12).
- (2004) Diagnostic accuracy of second opinion diagnoses based on still images. Human Pathology. vol. 35.
- (2004) Hva var dødsårsaken?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 124.
- (2004) Diagnostic Accuracy of second-opinion dianoses based on still images. Human Pathology. vol. 35 (1).
- (1998) Still image consultations via e-mail in surgical pathology. A study of diagnostic accuracy. Advances in Anatomic Pathology. vol. 2.
- (2010) Utfylling av legeerklæring om dødsfall / melding om unaturlig død. I: Rognum O, red: Lærebok i rettsmedisin. Oslo: Gyldendal Akademisk, 2010: 112-4. Gyldendal Akademisk. 2010. ISBN 978-82-05-33497-7.
- (2010) Alkoholskader. I: Rognum O, red: Lærebok i rettsmedisin. Oslo: Gyldendal Akademisk, 2010: 344-9. Gyldendal Akademisk. 2010. ISBN 978-82-05-33497-7.
Part of book/report
- (2005) Transportation Injury - Motor Vehicle. Encyclopedia of Forensic and Legal Medicine.
- (2004) Alkohol. Nordisk Lærebok Retsmedicin.
- (2014) En fornyet og fremtidsrettet legeutdanning ved NTNU (Forfatterlisten er alfabetisk). 2014.