Background and activities
Ivar Wangensteen is professor of electrical engineering at the Department of Electrical Power Engineering at NTNU. He has a M.Sc. and Ph.D in electrical engineering from NTNU and a M.Sc. in economy the University og Oslo.
Ivar Wangensteen is course co-ordinator and lecturer in the course: Power Markets, Resources and Evnironment and author of the text book: Power System Economic - the Nordic Electricity Market used in that course.
He is also co-ordinator and one of the lecturers in the course: Energy systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Assessing climate change impacts on the Iberian power system using a coupled water-power model. Climatic Change.
- (2012) Modeling the Greek energy system: Scenarios of clean energy use and their implications. Energy Policy. volum 50.
- (2009) Hydro reservoir handling in Norway before and after deregulation. Energy. volum 34 (10).
- (2007) Optimal investment strategies in decentralized renewable power generation under uncertainty. Energy. volum 32 (5).
- (2006) Power system under free market conditions. Energija: casopis hrvatske elektroprivrede. volum 55 (01).
- (2006) Demand elasticity increase for reducing social welfare losses due to transfer capacity restriction: A test case on Italian cross-border imports. Electric power systems research. volum 76 (6-7).
- (2006) Effect of losses on area prices in the Norwegian electricity market. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. volum 28 (1).
- (2005) Power System Planning and Operation in International Markets - Perspectives From the Nordic Region and Europe. Proceedings of the IEEE. volum 93 (11).
- (2005) Optimal investments in power generation under centralized and decentralized decision making. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. volum 20.
- (2004) Optimale investeringer i ny produksjonskapasitet i et liberalisert kraftmarked. Økonomisk forum.
- (2003) Experience with the Nord Pool design and implementation. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. volum 18 (2).
- (2007) Enøk i bygninger - Effektiv energibruk, 3.utgave. 2007. ISBN 978-82-05-37496-6.
- (2006) Power System Economics - the Nordic Electricity Market. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2006. ISBN 978-82-519-22005.
Part of book/report
- (2011) Optimization of costs and benefits in Inter TSO Compensation mechanism. European Energy Market EEM 2011 8th International Conferense on the European Energy Market.
- (2005) Efficient transmission pricing in power systems with considerable time-dependency. IPEC2005 Proceedings The 7th International Power Engineering Conference.
- (2001) Kraftmarkeder. 2001.