Postal addressDepartment of Electric Power Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Ivar Wangensteen is professor of electrical engineering at the Department of Electrical Power Engineering at NTNU. He has a M.Sc. and Ph.D in electrical engineering from NTNU and a M.Sc. in economy the University og Oslo.
Ivar Wangensteen is course co-ordinator and lecturer in the course: Power Markets, Resources and Evnironment and author of the text book: Power System Economic - the Nordic Electricity Market used in that course.
He is also co-ordinator and one of the lecturers in the course: Energy systems
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Assessing climate change impacts on the Iberian power system using a coupled water-power model. Climatic Change.
- (2012) Modeling the Greek energy system: Scenarios of clean energy use and their implications. Energy Policy. volum 50.
- (2009) Hydro reservoir handling in Norway before and after deregulation. Energy. volum 34 (10).
- (2007) Optimal investment strategies in decentralized renewable power generation under uncertainty. Energy. volum 32 (5).
- (2006) Power system under free market conditions. Energija: casopis hrvatske elektroprivrede. volum 55 (01).
- (2006) Demand elasticity increase for reducing social welfare losses due to transfer capacity restriction: A test case on Italian cross-border imports. Electric power systems research. volum 76 (6-7).
- (2006) Effect of losses on area prices in the Norwegian electricity market. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems. volum 28 (1).
- (2005) Power System Planning and Operation in International Markets - Perspectives From the Nordic Region and Europe. Proceedings of the IEEE. volum 93 (11).
- (2005) Optimal investments in power generation under centralized and decentralized decision making. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. volum 20.
- (2004) Optimale investeringer i ny produksjonskapasitet i et liberalisert kraftmarked. Økonomisk forum.
- (2003) Experience with the Nord Pool design and implementation. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. volum 18 (2).
- (2007) Enøk i bygninger - Effektiv energibruk, 3.utgave. 2007. ISBN 978-82-05-37496-6.
- (2006) Power System Economics - the Nordic Electricity Market. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2006. ISBN 978-82-519-22005.
Part of book/report
- (2011) Optimization of costs and benefits in Inter TSO Compensation mechanism. European Energy Market EEM 2011 8th International Conferense on the European Energy Market.
- (2005) Efficient transmission pricing in power systems with considerable time-dependency. IPEC2005 Proceedings The 7th International Power Engineering Conference.
- (2001) Kraftmarkeder. 2001.