Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Increased blood lactate level deteriorates running economy in World class endurance athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
- (2016) Arm crank and wheelchair ergometry produce similar peak oxygen uptake but different work economy values in individuals with spinal cord injury. BioMed Research International. vol. 2016.
- (2014) A time-saving method to assess power output at lactate threshold in well-trained and elite cyclists. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 28 (3).
- (2014) Comparison of thoracic bioimpedance with acetylene uptake for measuring cardiac output. International Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 35 (11).
- (2014) Exercise-training-induced changes in metabolic capacity with age: the role of central cardiovascular plasticity. Age. vol. 36 (2).
- (2013) Effect of lower extremity functional electrical stimulation pulsed isometric contractions on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord injured individuals. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 45 (3).
- (2013) Disease resistance is related to inherent swimming performance in Atlantic salmon. BMC Physiology. vol. 13 (1).
- (2013) Maximal strength training improves work economy, rate of force development and maximal strength more than conventional strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2013) Structural brain changes after 4 wk of unilateral strength training of the lower limb. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 115 (2).
- (2013) Physiological Determinants of the Cycling Time Trial. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 27 (9).
- (2012) Maximal strength training and increased work efficiency: contribution from the trained muscle bed. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 113 (12).
- (2012) Effect of leg vascular occlusion on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord-injured individuals. Spinal Cord. vol. 50.
- (2012) Effect of High Aerobic Intensity Interval Treadmill Walking in People With Chronic Stroke: A Pilot Study With One Year Follow-Up. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enhances Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Patients. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2012) Therapeutic effects of maximal strength training on walking efficiency in patients with schizophrenia - a pilot study. BMC Research Notes. vol. 5.
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enchances Strength and Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Survivors. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. vol. 91 (5).
- (2012) Improved Vo2max and time trial performance with more high aerobic intensity interval training and reduced training volume: a case study on an elite national cyclist. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 26 (10).
- (2012) Ageing And Strength Reduction; Inactivity Or Ageing?. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2012) Stroke Volume Does not Plateau in Female Endurance Athletes. International Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 33 (9).
- (2011) Effect of aerobic high-intensity hybrid training on stroke volume and peak oxygen consumption in men with spinal cord injury. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. vol. 90 (5).