Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Thermally governed local blood flow regulation by the capillary pumps and CO2 is the basis of the improved work efficiency of the trained muscle bed Reply. Journal of applied physiology. volum 114 (1).
- (2013) Effect of lower extremity functional electrical stimulation pulsed isometric contractions on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord injured individuals. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. volum 45 (3).
- (2013) Maximal strength training improves work economy, rate of force development and maximal strength more than conventional strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 113 (6).
- (2013) Structural brain changes after 4 weeks of unilateral strength training of the lower limb. Journal of applied physiology. volum 115 (2).
- (2013) A time saving method to assess power output at lact ate threshold in well-trained and elite cyclists. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
- (2013) Physiological Determinants of the Cycling Time Trial. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. volum 27 (9).
- (2012) Maximal strength training and increased work efficiency: contribution from the trained muscle bed. Journal of applied physiology. volum 113 (12).
- (2012) Effect of leg vascular occlusion on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord-injured individuals. Spinal Cord. volum 50.
- (2012) Effect of High Aerobic Intensity Interval Treadmill Walking in People With Chronic Stroke: A Pilot Study With One Year Follow-Up. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. volum 19 (4).
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enhances Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Patients. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44.
- (2012) Therapeutic effects of maximal strength training on walking efficiency in patients with schizophrenia - a pilot study. BMC Research Notes. volum 5.
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enchances Strength and Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Survivors. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. volum 91 (5).
- (2012) Improved Vo2max and time trial performance with more high aerobic intensity interval training and reduced training volume: a case study on an elite national cyclist. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. volum 26 (10).
- (2012) Ageing And Strength Reduction; Inactivity Or Ageing?. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44.
- (2012) Stroke Volume Does not Plateau in Female Endurance Athletes. International Journal of Sports Medicine. volum 33 (9).
- (2011) Effect of aerobic high-intensity hybrid training on stroke volume and peak oxygen consumption in men with spinal cord injury. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. volum 90 (5).
- (2011) Aerobic training stimulates growth and promotes disease resistance in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology A. volum 160 (2).
- (2011) Neuromuscular performance of paretic versus non-paretic plantar flexors after stroke. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 111 (12).
- (2011) Reduced peak oxygen uptake and implications for cardiovascular health and quality of life in patients with schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. volum 11 (December).
- (2011) Effects of high aerobic intensity training in patients with schizophrenia-A controlled trial. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. volum 65 (4).