Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The effect of age on the VO2max response to high-intensity interval training. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (1).
- (2016) The effect of physical activity on passive leg movement-induced vasodilation with age. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 48 (8).
- (2016) Increased blood lactate level deteriorates running economy in World class endurance athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 30 (5).
- (2016) Impaired skeletal health and neuromuscular function among amphetamine users in clinical treatment. Osteoporosis International. vol. 27 (3).
- (2016) Arm crank and wheelchair ergometry produce similar peak oxygen uptake but different work economy values in individuals with spinal cord injury. BioMed Research International. vol. 2016.
- (2016) The effect from maximal bench press strength training on work economy during wheelchair propulsion in men with spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord. vol. 54 (10).
- (2016) Maximal strength training as a physical rehabilitation for patients With substance use disorder; a randomized controlled trial. BMC sports science, medicine and rehabilitation. vol. 8 (7).
- (2016) Lifelong strength training mitigates the age-related decline in efferent drive. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 121 (2).
- (2015) MRS evidence of adequate O2 supply in human skeletal muscle at the onset of exercise. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (11).
- (2014) Maximal strength training improves bone mineral density and neuromuscular performance in young adult women. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 28 (10).
- (2014) Comparison of thoracic bioimpedance with acetylene uptake for measuring cardiac output. International Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 35 (11).
- (2014) Exercise-training-induced changes in metabolic capacity with age: the role of central cardiovascular plasticity. Age. vol. 36 (2).
- (2013) Effect of lower extremity functional electrical stimulation pulsed isometric contractions on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord injured individuals. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 45 (3).
- (2013) Maximal strength training improves work economy, rate of force development and maximal strength more than conventional strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2013) Short-term training alters the control of mitochondrial respiration rate before maximal oxidative ATP synthesis. Acta Physiologica. vol. 208 (4).
- (2013) Maximal strength training in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis or osteopenia. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 27 (10).
- (2013) Structural brain changes after 4 wk of unilateral strength training of the lower limb. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 115 (2).
- (2012) Effect of leg vascular occlusion on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord-injured individuals. Spinal Cord. vol. 50.
- (2012) Effect of High Aerobic Intensity Interval Treadmill Walking in People With Chronic Stroke: A Pilot Study With One Year Follow-Up. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enhances Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Patients. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.