Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Maximal strength training improves bone mineral density and neuromuscular performance in young adult women. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 28 (10).
- (2014) Comparison of thoracic bioimpedance with acetylene uptake for measuring cardiac output. International Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 35 (11).
- (2014) Exercise-training-induced changes in metabolic capacity with age: the role of central cardiovascular plasticity. Age. vol. 36 (2).
- (2013) Effect of lower extremity functional electrical stimulation pulsed isometric contractions on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord injured individuals. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 45 (3).
- (2013) Maximal strength training improves work economy, rate of force development and maximal strength more than conventional strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (6).
- (2013) Short-term training alters the control of mitochondrial respiration rate before maximal oxidative ATP synthesis. Acta Physiologica. vol. 208 (4).
- (2013) Maximal strength training in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis or osteopenia. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 27 (10).
- (2013) Structural brain changes after 4 wk of unilateral strength training of the lower limb. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 115 (2).
- (2012) Effect of leg vascular occlusion on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord-injured individuals. Spinal Cord. vol. 50.
- (2012) Effect of High Aerobic Intensity Interval Treadmill Walking in People With Chronic Stroke: A Pilot Study With One Year Follow-Up. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enhances Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Patients. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2012) Therapeutic effects of maximal strength training on walking efficiency in patients with schizophrenia - a pilot study. BMC Research Notes. vol. 5.
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enchances Strength and Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Survivors. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. vol. 91 (5).
- (2012) Heavy, Explosive Strength Training For Postmenopausal Women With Osteoporosis: A Pilot Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2012) Ageing And Strength Reduction; Inactivity Or Ageing?. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2012) Stroke Volume Does not Plateau in Female Endurance Athletes. International Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 33 (9).
- (2011) Effect of aerobic high-intensity hybrid training on stroke volume and peak oxygen consumption in men with spinal cord injury. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. vol. 90 (5).
- (2011) Neuromuscular performance of paretic versus non-paretic plantar flexors after stroke. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 111 (12).
- (2011) Reduced peak oxygen uptake and implications for cardiovascular health and quality of life in patients with schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 11 (December).
- (2011) Effects of high aerobic intensity training in patients with schizophrenia-A controlled trial. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 65 (4).