Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Midical sciences
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Effect of lower extremity functional electrical stimulation pulsed isometric contractions on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord injured individuals. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. volum 45 (3).
- (2013) Maximal strength training improves work economy, rate of force development and maximal strength more than conventional strength training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 113 (6).
- (2013) Maximal strength training in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis or osteopenia. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. volum 27 (10).
- (2013) Structural brain changes after 4 weeks of unilateral strength training of the lower limb. Journal of applied physiology. volum 115 (2).
- (2012) Effect of leg vascular occlusion on arm cycling peak oxygen uptake in spinal cord-injured individuals. Spinal Cord. volum 50.
- (2012) Effect of High Aerobic Intensity Interval Treadmill Walking in People With Chronic Stroke: A Pilot Study With One Year Follow-Up. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. volum 19 (4).
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enhances Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Patients. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44.
- (2012) Therapeutic effects of maximal strength training on walking efficiency in patients with schizophrenia - a pilot study. BMC Research Notes. volum 5.
- (2012) Maximal Strength Training Enchances Strength and Functional Performance in Chronic Stroke Survivors. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. volum 91 (5).
- (2012) Ageing And Strength Reduction; Inactivity Or Ageing?. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44.
- (2012) Stroke Volume Does not Plateau in Female Endurance Athletes. International Journal of Sports Medicine. volum 33 (9).
- (2011) Effect of aerobic high-intensity hybrid training on stroke volume and peak oxygen consumption in men with spinal cord injury. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. volum 90 (5).
- (2011) Neuromuscular performance of paretic versus non-paretic plantar flexors after stroke. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 111 (12).
- (2011) Reduced peak oxygen uptake and implications for cardiovascular health and quality of life in patients with schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. volum 11 (December).
- (2011) Effects of high aerobic intensity training in patients with schizophrenia-A controlled trial. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. volum 65 (4).
- (2011) Interval and Strength Training in CAD Patients. International Journal of Sports Medicine. volum 32 (1).
- (2011) Strength and Endurance in Elite Football Players. International Journal of Sports Medicine. volum 32 (9).
- (2011) One-arm maximal strength training improves work economy and endurance capacity but not skeletal muscle blood flow. Journal of Sports Sciences. volum 29 (2).
- (2011) Evidence that a higher ATP cost of muscular contraction contributes to the lower mechanical efficiency associated with COPD: preliminary findings. American Journal of Physiology. Regulatory Integrative and Comparative Physiology. volum 300 (5).
- (2011) Concurrent strength and endurance training improves physical capacity in patients with peripheral arterial disease. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. volum 21 (6).