Background and activities
Investigating extracellular interactions in Breast cancer. Nephronectin (Npnt) is an extracellular matrix (ECM) protein found to be absent in normal breast, unlike its strong presence in breast tumor. The overall aim of this PhD project is to characterize and understand the role of the ECM proteins like Npnt in breast cancer progression and metastasis.
- MSc, BioPharmaceutical Sciences, Leiden University, Netherlands.
- Research internship, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Rights, Institute of Intellectual Property Studies, India
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Mumbai, India
- Marketing intern, Associated Capsules Group, Mumbai
- Industrial trainee, Egyptian European Pharco Corporate, Alexandria
- Lab assistant, Quality control, Tahiera Industries- Mumbai
‘Bias in Chemokine Receptor Signalling’ Annelien J.M. Zweemer1 , Jimita Toraskar1 , Laura H. Heitman1 , and Adriaan P. IJzerman2 ; Trends in Immunology.
Scholarships, honors and awards
- 'Best Student' award by Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA), Mumbai
- General Secretary, IPA-Student Forum Maharashtra State Branch
- National coordinator for HIV-AIDS awareness project (2009-2010) by IPASF
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
- Outbound Studies Grant
- Erasmus scholarship
- Leids Universiteits Fonds
- Classical dance