Postal addressDepartment of Computer and Information Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Jon Atle Gulla
Background and activities
Jon Atle Gulla is professor of Information Systems at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway, since 2002. He was the head of the Department of Computer and Information Science 2010—2012 and the deputy head 2009-2010 and 2012-2013. He is the co-leader of the Web Intelligence and Semantics lab.
Gulla received his MSc in 1988 and his PhD in 1993, both in Information Systems at the Norwegian Institute of Technology. He also has a MSc in Linguistics from the University of Trondheim from 1995 and a MSc of Management (Sloan fellow) from London Business School from 2003.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Learning user profiles in mobile news recommendation. Journal of Print and Media Technology Research. volum 2 (3).
- (2013) On the Intrinsic Challenges of Group Recommendation. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. volum 1066.
- (2012) Industrial application of semantic process mining. Enterprise Information Systems. volum 6 (2).
- (2012) Semantic Annotation from Social Data. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. volum 830.
- (2011) Concept Signatures and Semantic Drift. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. volum 75.
- (2011) Towards Ontology-Driven End-User Composition of Personalized Mobile Services. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 6716.
- (2010) A Hybrid Approach to Constructing Tag Hierarchies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 6427.
- (2010) Combining ontological profiles with context in information retrieval. Data & Knowledge Engineering. volum 69 (3).
- (2010) Quality of Subsumption Hierarchies in Ontologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 5723.
- (2008) EVS PROCESS MINER Incorporating Ideas from Search and ETL into Process Mining. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing.
- (2007) Ontology Learning for Search Applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2007) Preprocessing support for large scale process mining of SAP transactions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2006) Semantic Interoperability in the Norwegian Petroleum Industry. Lecture Notes in Informatics. volum P-84.
- (2006) Model Based Business Process Mining. Information systems management. volum 23 (1).
- (2006) Using Business Process Models to Retrieve Information from Governing Documents. Lecture Notes in Informatics.
- (2006) Towards a Semantic Information Platform for Subsea Petroleum Processes. ERCIM News. volum 66.
- (2006) Unsupervised Keyphrase Extraction for Search Ontologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 3999.
- (2006) Use of Tailored Process Models to Support ERP End-Users. Lecture Notes in Informatics.
- (2006) An Information Retrieval Approach to Ontology Mapping. Data & Knowledge Engineering. volum 58 (1).
- (2006) Document space adapted ontology: Application in query enrichment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 3999.