Background and activities
- Professor in Petroleum Engineering, NTNU 1981-
- Center Director SFI IO, 2007-2015
- Department Head ca 20 yrs
- Dean of Earth Sciences 1990-96
- Visiting Professor, Stanford University, 1988-89
- Visiting Researcher, Elf, 1996-97
- Research Manager, Saudi Arabia, 1978-81
- Research Manager, IKU, 1974-78
- Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M, 1974
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, SDSMT, 1971
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, SDSMT, 1970
- Oilman of the Year 2014 (SPE Norway)
- Regional Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty 2015
- NTNU's Internationalization Award 2015
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Scaled Experimental and Simulation Study of Segregation in Water-Above-Gas Injection. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering.
- (2016) Evaluation of surfactant flooding using interwell tracer analysis. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology.
- (2014) Production optimization using derivative free methods applied to Brugge field case. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 114.
- (2013) Experimental Study of Miscible Hot WAG Injection in Heavy Oil and Slightly Heavy Oil Reservoirs. International Journal of Petroleum Science and Technology. vol. 7 (3).
- (2013) Investigating Impact of Flow Rate and Wettability on Residual Trapping in CO2 Storage in Brine through Relative Permeability Experiments. Energy and Environment Research. vol. 3 (2).
- (2012) Joint Optimization of Oil Well Placement and Controls. Computational Geosciences. vol. 16 (4).
- (2012) Analytical Model for Zones Distributions in Non-Horizontal Miscible WAG Injection. Energy and Environment Research. vol. 2 (2).
- (2010) A derivative-free approach for the estimation of porosity and permeability using time-lapse seismic and production data. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 7 (4).
- (2009) Porosity and permeability estimation by integration of production and time-lapse near and far offset seismic data. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 6 (4).
- (2008) A Survey of North Sea Enhanced-Oil-Recovery Projects Initiated During the Years 1975 to 2005. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 11 (3).
- (2008) Nonlinear inversion for estimating reservoir parameters from time-lapse seismic data. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 5.
- (2001) Introducing Up-Scaling Techniques in Fractured Reservoir Simulation. Nordic petroleum technology series.
- (2000) Introducing Up-Scaling Techniques in Fractured Reservoir Simulation. Nordic Petroleum Series.
- (1992) Discussion of analytical and numerical solution of waterflooding in fractured reservoirs with empirical transfer function. SPE Reservoir Engineering.
- (1983) CONSTANT PRESSURE WELL TESTS IN INFINITE RADIAL RESERVOIRS. Mathematical Modelling. vol. 4 (6).
- (1976) COMBINED FREE AND FORCED LAMINAR CONVECTION IN A BINGHAM PLASTIC ON A VERTICAL FLAT PLATE. Journal of Fluids Engineering - Trancactions of The ASME. vol. 98 (1).
- (1972) TRANSIENT FREE CONVECTION IN A BINGHAM PLASTIC ON A VERTICAL FLAT PLATE. Journal of heat transfer. vol. 94 (4).
- (1972) TRANSIENT FREE CONVECTION IN A BINGHAM PLASTIC ON A VERTICAL FLAT PLATE. Mechanical engineering (New York, N.Y. 1919). vol. 94 (10).
- (2006) Non-linear Inversion for Estimating Reservoir Parameters from Time-Lapse Seismic Data, paper presented at Advances in geophysics and reservoir engineering for data integration and uncertainty assessment. 2006. ISBN 0000000000.
- (1994) North Sea Oil & Gas Reservoirs - III. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 1994. ISBN 0-7923-2304-1.