Background and activities
Spanish as a foreign language, the Dominican Republic & Haiti, implementing technology in teaching.
Tech, teaching and investigation. Past and present:
- PHD project (2010 -2016): Studying the cause for and effect of a Norwegian funded dialogue project in the Dominican-Haitian borderlands.
- Implementing and analyzing the use of digital resources (for example videoes and mp3 interviews) as part of the one-year study programme in Spanish at NTNU.
- Project (2009 - 2010) "Læring rett i lomma" with UiO, UiS, Norgesuniversitetet and HiL. Creation of user manual for podcasting in teaching.
- Project: (2012 - 2014): "Visped". Teaching methods for online classrooms that encourage student participation.
- Teaching and course design: Introductory courses (SPA0501, 0502), An introduction to the culture, history and literature of the Spanish speaking world (SPA6302), Culture and society (Spain, SPA1402).
- In charge of field trip to the Dominican Republic (2010)
- Teaching and course design: Literature from the Spanish speaking world (SPA1103) Society and culture in the Spanish speaking world (SPA1003)