Department of Production and Quality Engineering
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Maintenance management
- Maintenance optimisation
- Reliability Technology
- Risk and safety analysis
- Statistical methods
- Risk influence modelling
- Data analysis
- Safety Culture
- Societal security
- Reliability of Safety Instrumented systems (IEC 61508)
- 2002 -Professor, Dept of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 2002 - Senior Engineer adviser at the Norwegian Rail Administration
- 2002 -Scientific Advisor, SINTEF Safety and Reliability
- 2000 - 2002 Associated Professor, Dept of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1997 - 2002 Senior Scientist at SINTEF Industrial Management, dept. Safety & Reliability
- 1991 - 1996 PhD student at NTNU
- 1987 - 1997 Scientist at SINTEF Industrial Management, dept. Safety and Reliability
- 1986 - 1991 Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematical Statistics, NTNU
- 1985 - 1986 Scientific assistant, Dept. of Mathematical Statistics, NTNU
Membership in academic and professional committees:
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Mary Ann Lundteigen (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of examination committee of Eirik Bjorheim Abrahamsen (PhD-work)
- Member of examination committee of Vidar Kristensen (PhD-work)
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Leif T. Sunde (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of pre-examination committee of Tony Rosqvist (PhD-work)
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Lesley Walls (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of examination committee of Sigve Apeland (PhD-work)
Publications listed in the Frida database
MSc courses at NTNU:
- TPK4120 Safety and Reliability Analysis
- RAMS optimization
- PK8200 Risk Influence Modelling and Risk Indicators
Continuing Education Courses:
- Maintenance Optimization
- Safety and Reliability in Railway Applications
- Project Risk Management
- Priorisation of Risk Reducing Measures - Modeling and Concepts
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2012) Evaluation of the Risk OMT model for maintenance work on major offshore process equipment. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. volum 25 (3).
- (2012) Role of grouping in the development of an overall maintenance optimization framework for offshore wind turbines. Journal of Risk and Reliability. volum 226 (6).
- (2012) Can we understand complex systems in terms of risk analysis?. Journal of Risk and Reliability. volum 226 (3).
- (2012) Risk modelling of maintenance work on major process equipment on offshore petroleum installations. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. volum 25 (2).
- (2011) Challenges in the reliability and maintainability data collection for offshore wind turbines. Renewable energy. volum 36 (8).
- (2011) A method for risk modeling of interdependencies in critical infrastructures. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. volum 96 (6).
- (2010) An approach to maintenance optimization where safety issues are important. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. volum 95 (1).
- (2008) Reliability assessment of reliquefaction systems on LNG carriers. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. volum 93 (9).
- (2008) Ethical dilemmas in traffic safety work. Safety Science. volum 46 (10).
- (2006) Risk-informed optimization of railway tracks inspection and maintenance procedures. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. volum 91.
- (2005) Failure modeling and maintenance optimization for a railway line. International Journal of Performability Engineering. volum 1 (1).
- (2005) Cross border railway operations: improving safety at cultural interfaces. Cognition, Technology & Work.
- (1998) Reliability modeling of surface controlled subsurface safety valves. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. volum 61.
- (1998) A discussion of the acceptable risk problem. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. volum 61.
- (2012) Risk and Interdependencies in Critical Infrastructures. A Guideline for Analysis. Springer Science+Business Media B.V.. 2012. ISBN 978-1-4471-4660-5. Springer Series in Reliability Engineering (VIII).
- (1996) Solution to selected problems in reliability engineering. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 1996. ISBN 82-519-1217-2.
- (1993) The scientific basis for safety science. 1993. ISBN 82-595-7189-7. SINTEF Rapport.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Steps and Principles for Assessing and Expressing Major Accident Risk in an Integrated Operations Setting. Oil and Gas, Technology and Humans.
- (2013) On the Usefulnes of Risk Analysis in the Light of Deepwater Horizon and Gullfaks C. Oil and Gas, Technology and Humans.
- (2012) Development of an overall maintenance optimization framework for offshore wind turbine. 11th International Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management Conference and the Annual European Safety and Reliability Conference 2012, 25-29 June 2012, Helsinki, Finland.