Background and activities
- Maintenance management
- Maintenance optimisation
- Reliability Technology
- Risk and safety analysis
- Statistical methods
- Risk influence modelling
- Data analysis
- Safety Culture
- Societal security
- Reliability of Safety Instrumented systems (IEC 61508)
- 2002 -Professor, Dept of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 2002 - Senior Engineer adviser at the Norwegian Rail Administration
- 2002 -Scientific Advisor, SINTEF Safety and Reliability
- 2000 - 2002 Associated Professor, Dept of Production and Quality Engineering, NTNU
- 1997 - 2002 Senior Scientist at SINTEF Industrial Management, dept. Safety & Reliability
- 1991 - 1996 PhD student at NTNU
- 1987 - 1997 Scientist at SINTEF Industrial Management, dept. Safety and Reliability
- 1986 - 1991 Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematical Statistics, NTNU
- 1985 - 1986 Scientific assistant, Dept. of Mathematical Statistics, NTNU
Membership in academic and professional committees:
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Mary Ann Lundteigen (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of examination committee of Eirik Bjorheim Abrahamsen (PhD-work)
- Member of examination committee of Vidar Kristensen (PhD-work)
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Leif T. Sunde (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of pre-examination committee of Tony Rosqvist (PhD-work)
- Coordinator of evaluation committee of Lesley Walls (Professorship at NTNU)
- Member of examination committee of Sigve Apeland (PhD-work)
Publications listed in the Frida database
MSc courses at NTNU:
- TPK4120 Safety and Reliability Analysis
- RAMS optimization
- PK8200 Risk Influence Modelling and Risk Indicators
Continuing Education Courses:
- Maintenance Optimization
- Safety and Reliability in Railway Applications
- Project Risk Management
- Priorisation of Risk Reducing Measures - Modeling and Concepts
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Evaluation of the Risk OMT model for maintenance work on major offshore process equipment. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 25 (3).
- (2012) Role of grouping in the development of an overall maintenance optimization framework for offshore wind turbines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 226 (6).
- (2012) Can we understand complex systems in terms of risk analysis?. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 226 (3).
- (2012) Risk modelling of maintenance work on major process equipment on offshore petroleum installations. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 25 (2).
- (2011) Challenges in the reliability and maintainability data collection for offshore wind turbines. Renewable Energy. vol. 36 (8).
- (2011) A method for risk modeling of interdependencies in critical infrastructures. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 96 (6).
- (2010) An approach to maintenance optimization where safety issues are important. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 95 (1).
- (2008) Reliability assessment of reliquefaction systems on LNG carriers. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 93 (9).
- (2008) Ethical dilemmas in traffic safety work. Safety Science. vol. 46 (10).
- (2006) Risk-informed optimization of railway tracks inspection and maintenance procedures. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 91.
- (2005) Failure modeling and maintenance optimization for a railway line. International Journal of Performability Engineering. vol. 1 (1).
- (2005) Cross border railway operations: improving safety at cultural interfaces. Cognition, Technology & Work.
- (1998) Reliability modeling of surface controlled subsurface safety valves. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 61.
- (1998) A discussion of the acceptable risk problem. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 61.
- (2015) Risk and interdependencies in critical infrastructures. Chinese translation. 2015. ISBN 978-7-118-09140-3. Springer Series in Reliability Engineering (2015).
- (2012) Risk and Interdependencies in Critical Infrastructures. A Guideline for Analysis. Springer Science+Business Media B.V.. 2012. ISBN 978-1-4471-4660-5. Springer Series in Reliability Engineering (VIII).
- (1996) Solution to selected problems in reliability engineering. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 1996. ISBN 82-519-1217-2.
- (1993) The scientific basis for safety science. 1993. ISBN 82-595-7189-7. SINTEF Rapport.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Structuring contributors to successful operation. Safety and Reliability : Methodology and Applications: Proceedings of the European safety and reliability Conference, ESREL 2014, Poland, 14-18 september 2014.
- (2014) Monitoring the risk picture by using QRA and barrier based indicators. Safety, reliability and risk analysis : beyond the horizon : proceedings of the European Safety and Reliability Conference, ESREL 2013, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 29 September-2 October 2013.