Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
Kjell Arne Kvistad
Adjunct Associate Professor
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Surgically acquired deficits and diffusion weighted MRI changes after glioma resection - A matched case-control study with blinded neuroradiological assessment. PLoS ONE. volum 9 (7).
- (2014) MRI evaluation of lumbar spinal stenosis: Is a rapid visual assessment as good as area measurement?. European spine journal. volum 23 (6).
- (2013) Unruptured intracranial aneurysms in the Norwegian Nord-Trondelag Health Study (HUNT): risk of rupture calculated from data in a population-based cohort study. Neurosurgery. volum 73 (2).
- (2012) A longitudinal MRI study of traumatic axonal injury in patients with moderate and severe traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. volum 83 (12).
- (2012) Should magnetic resonance imaging be performed early or late after traumatic brain injury? Serial MRI during the first year post-injury. Brain Injury. volum 26 (4-5).
- (2012) Magnetic resonance imaging of diffuse axonal injury. Serial quantitative assessment and relation to patient outcome. Brain Injury. volum 26 (4-5).
- (2012) Modic type I changes and recovery of back pain after lumbar microdiscectomy. European spine journal. volum 21 (11).
- (2011) Wernicke's encephalopathy because of pancreatitis in a young boy. Acta Ophthalmologica Scandinavica. volum 89 (8).
- (2011) Diffuse axonal injury in different MRI sequences in patients with moderate and severe traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma. volum 28 (5).
- (2011) Clinical Characteristics, Pain, and Disability in Relation to Alar Ligament MRI Findings. Spine. volum 36 (13).
- (2011) Prognostic value of magnetic resonance imaging in moderate and severe head injury: a prospective study of early MRI findings and one-year outcome. Journal of Neurotrauma. volum 28 (5).
- (2010) Prevalence and impact of diffuse axonal injury in patients with moderate and severe head injury: a cohort study of early magnetic resonance imaging findings and 1-year outcome. Journal of Neurosurgery. volum 113 (3).
- (2010) Iron deposition in deep brain nuclei in haemochromatosis: a magnetic resonance imaging study. European Journal of Neurology. volum 17.
- (2010) Functional magnetic resonance imaging and diffusion tensor tractography incorporated into an intraoperative 3-dimensional ultrasound-based neuronavigation system: impact on therapeutic strategies, extent of resection, and clinical outcome. Neurosurgery. volum 67 (2).
- (2010) Prognostic value of pretreatment dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy: Overall survival predicted from combined time course and volume analysis. Acta Radiologica. volum 51 (6).
- (2010) Bildediagnostikk ved nakke- og ryggsmerter :. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 130 (22).
- (2009) Integrated Pre- and Intraoperative Imaging in a Patient with an Arteriovenous Malformation Located in Eloquent Cortex. Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery. volum 52 (2).
- (2009) Surgical resection of high-grade gliomas in eloquent regions guided by blood oxygenation level dependent functional magnetic resonance imaging, diffusion tensor tractography, and intraoperative navigated 3D ultrasound. Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery. volum 52 (1).
- (2009) Predicting Survival and Early Clinical Response to Primary Chemotherapy for Patients With Locally Advanced Breast Cancer Using DCE-MRI. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. volum 29 (6).
- (2009) Clinical characteristics and functional disability and relation to alar ligament MRI findings on MRI. Scnadinavian Neurosurgical Society.