Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in autoimmune and type 2 diabetes: The population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 101 (2).
- (2016) Blood pressure changes during 22-year of follow-up in large general population - the HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. vol. 16 (94).
- (2016) Impact of sex and age on the performance of FINDRISC: the HUNT Study in Norway. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 4 (1).
- (2015) Sedentary behaviour and risk of mortality from all-causes and cardiometabolic diseases in adults: Evidence from the HUNT3 population cohort. British Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 49 (11).
- (2015) The chromosome 9p21 CVD- and T2D-associated regions in a Norwegian population (the HUNT2 survey). International Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 2015.
- (2015) Anxiety, depression and timing of insulin treatment among people with type 2 diabetes: Nine-year follow-up of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 79 (4).
- (2015) Glycaemic control in people with diabetes influences the beneficial role of physical activity on cardiovascular mortality. Prospective data from the HUNT Study, Norway. Primary Care Diabetes. vol. 9 (6).
- (2015) Ca, Mg and Fe blood levels in diabetic patients differ with disease duration and glucose-lowering treatment. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 32.
- (2015) Trace elements in whole blood in the general population in Nord-Trøndelag County, Norway – the HUNT3 Survey. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. vol. 32.
- (2014) Cross-sectional associations of total sitting and leisure screen time with cardiometabolic risk in adults. Results from the HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. vol. 17 (1).
- (2014) Trace elements in undiagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus (HUNT3). Toxicology Letters. vol. 229.
- (2014) Cohort profile of the Young-HUNT Study, Norway: A population-based study of adoelscents. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 43 (2).
- (2014) Is depression a risk factor for diabetic foot ulcers? 11-years follow-up of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Journal of diabetes and its complications. vol. 29 (1).
- (2014) Diabetes-related foot ulcers and associated factors: Results from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Survey (HUNT3) (2006-2008). Journal of diabetes and its complications. vol. 28 (2).
- (2014) Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in African Americans provides insights into the genetic architecture of type 2 diabetes. PLoS Genetics. vol. 10:e1004517 (8).
- (2014) Do trace element differences in diabetic patients persist with time? The HUNT3 Survey. Toxicology Letters. vol. 229.
- (2014) Trace elements and type 2 diabetes - two case-control studies in HUNT3. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 24.
- (2014) No increase in new users of blood glucose-lowering drugs in Norway 2006-2011: a nationwide prescription database study. BMC Public Health. vol. 14:520.
- (2014) The prevalence of metabolic syndrome and metabolically healthy obesity in Europe: A collaborative analysis of ten large cohort studies. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 14.
- (2013) Does diabetes have a protective effect on migraine?. Epidemiology. vol. 24 (1).