Background and activities
I am currently working with the Autosea project team to develop an overall system architecture of a future navigation and control system with sensor fusion and collision avoidance (COLAV). Our main goal is to identify and specify interface requirements and dataflow between sensor fusion and collision avoidance modules, in order to achieve a reliable autonomous COLAV system for surface vehicles.
My research focus in the Autosea project include
- strategic and tactical collision avoidance algorithms,
- system design specification for software and hardware modules needed to achieve a reliable COLAV system,
- and extensive reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) analysis for autonomous COLAV systems.
My research interests are in the areas of
- guidance, navigation and control of vehicles,
- embedded model predictive control,
- numerical optimal control and optimization,
- power/energy management and automation systems,
- and reconfigurable fault-tolerant control.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Block factorization of step response model predictive control problems. Journal of Process Control. vol. 53.
- (2016) Efficient implementation of step response models for embedded Model Predictive Control. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 90.
- (2015) Automatically generated embedded model predictive control: Moving an industrial PC-based MPC to an embedded platform. Optimal control applications & methods. vol. 36 (5).
- (2015) Efficient implementation of step response prediction models for embedded model predictive control. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (23).
- (2015) High-performance Embedded Model Predictive Control using Step Response Models. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (25).
- (2014) Embedded Model Predictive Control for an Electric Submersible Pump on a Programmable Logic Controller. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications.
- (2014) Efficient Implementation of Solvers for Linear Model Predictive Control on Embedded Devices. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications.
- (2014) Embedded Model Predictive Control on a PLC Using a Primal-Dual First-Order Method for a Subsea Separation Process. Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation.
- (2013) Reconfigurable Fault Tolerant Flight Control based on Nonlinear Model Predictive Control. American Control Conference (ACC).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Scalability of QP solvers for embedded model predictive control applied to a subsea petroleum production system. 2015 IEEE Conference on Control Applications, CCA 2015.
- (2015) Automatic Deployment of Industrial Embedded Model Predictive Control Using qpOASES. Proceedings of the 14th European Control Conference 2015 (ECC 2015).
- (2016) High-performance Industrial Embedded Model Predictive Control. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1652-7.