Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Schools and public buildings in decay: the role of political fragmentation. Economics of Governance. vol. 18 (1).
- (2015) Local natural resource curse?. Journal of Public Economics. vol. 131.
- (2014) Partial fiscal decentralization and demand responsiveness of the local public sector: Theory and evidence from Norway. Journal of Urban Economics. vol. 80.
- (2014) Capitalization of property taxes in Norway. Public Finance Review. vol. 42 (5).
- (2011) Fullføring av videregående opplæring : kan vi forklare variasjonen mellom fylker og regioner?. Samfunnsøkonomen. vol. 125(65) (5).
- (2009) Efficiency potential and determinants of efficiency: an analysis of the care for the elderly sector in Norway. International Tax and Public Finance. vol. 16 (4).
- (2009) Bidrar økt ressursbruk i grunnskolen til bedre elevprestasjoner?. Norsk mediebarometer.
- (2009) Myopic or Constrained by Balanced-Budget Rules? The Intertemporal Spending Behavior of Norwegian Local Governments. Finanzarchiv. vol. 65 (2).
- (2008) Public sector efficiency: the roles of political and budgetary institutions, fiscal capacity, and democratic participation. Public Choice. vol. 136 (3-4).
- (2008) Property taxation as incentive for cost control: Empirical evidence for utility services in Norway. European Economic Review. vol. 52 (6).
- (2006) Efficiency Potential and Efficiency Variation in Norwegian Lower Secondary Schools. Finanzarchiv. vol. 62.
- (2005) Strong politicians, small deficits:evidence from Norwegian local governments. European Journal of Political Economy. vol. 21.
- (2005) The relationships between costs and user charges: The case of a Norwegian utility service. Finanzarchiv. vol. 61.
- (2004) Eiendomsskatten: Statlig eller kommunal? Obligatorisk eller frivillig?. Økonomisk forum. vol. 58 (9).
- (2004) Income Distribution and Tax Structure: Empirical Test of the Meltzer-Richard Hypothesis. European Economic Review.
- (2004) Public Employment and Regional Risk Sharing. The Scandinavian Journal of Economics. vol. 106 (2).
- (2004) Income distribution and tax structure: Empirical test of the Meltzer-Richard hypothesis. European Economic Review. vol. 48.
- (2002) Brystkreftopererte har nytte av rehabilitering. Tidsskriftet sykepleien. vol. 3.
- (2002) Spending Growth with Vertical Fiscal Imbalance: Decentralized Government Spending in Norway, 1880-1990. Economics & Politics. vol. 14 (3).
- (2002) Aggregating Spending Preferences: An Empirical Analysis of Party Preferences in Norwegian Local Governments. Public Choice. vol. 110.