Linn Okkenhaug GetzProfessor Department of Public Health and General Practice
firstname.lastname@example.org +47 73597581 +47 41439473
Background and activities
Professor in Behavioural Sciences in Medicine (Bio-Psycho-Social medicine), ISM. Researcher at the Research Unit for Generel Practice
I am MD, PhD, Professor in Behavioural Sciences in Medicine (corresponding to Bio-Psycho-Social medicine) and Senior researcher at the General Practice Research Unit, Department of Public Health and General Practice, NTNU. I have extensive clinical background from general practice, psychiatry and occupational medicine in Norway and Iceland. Reykjavik.
LG is born and educated in Norway and has lived in Iceland 1996-2013. Moved to Trondheim 2014. She started out in Norwegian general practice where she became involved in ideology development and research. In Iceland, she has worked with psychiatry and occupational medicine, whilst continuing to cooperate with Norwegian GP colleagues. Her Ph.D. thesis “Sustainable and responsible preventive medicine” (2006) focuses on ethical dilemmas related to implementation of preventive, clinical guidelines. She has later devotes considerable time and thought to the rapidly increasing body of evidence which links human existential experience to biological function and disease development. Currently Linn is involved in research related to Systems biology for general practice, Multimorbidity (studies based on the HUNT database), and What does it mean to encounter the patient as a person. Linn has lectured extensively in the Nordic countries, and also been a keynote speaker at WONCA Europe and the RCGP in the UK.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Co-and multimorbidity patterns in an unselected Norwegian population: Cross-sectional analysis based on the HUNT studyand theoretical reflections concerning basic medical models. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare.
- (2013) Narrativ Medicin i almen praksis - del II. Den medicinske menneskeforeståelse i forandring. Månedsskrift for almen praksis.
- (2013) Hva betyr frykt og konflikt for barnd biologiske utvikling? Om stressresponser, epigenetikk og den formbare barnehjernen. Oppvekstrapporten.
- (2013) Narrativ medivin i almen praksis -del I. Historiernes betydning for sygdom og sundhed. Månedsskrift for almen praksis.
- (2013) Lifetime experiences, the brain and personalized medicine: An integrative perspective. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental. volum 62 (1).
- (2013) Knowing patients as persons: Senior and Junior GPs explore a professional resource. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. volum 1.
- (2013) Standardization meets stories: contrasting perspectives on the needs of frail individuals at a rehabilitation unit. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. volum 8.
- (2013) What Do GPs Actually Know About Their Patients As Persons?. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. volum 1.
- (2013) Cardiovascular risk estimation in general Norwegian population: modelling analysis based on the HUNT 3 study. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Implementation of the European guidelines for management of arterial hypertension might destabilize the Norwegian healthcare system - Modelling study based on the HUNT 2 population. Preventing Overdiagnosis. Winding back the harms of too much medicine. Dartmouth College September 10-12, 2013, Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Does inclusion of total cholesterol in mortality algorithms lead to overrepresentation of risk?. Preventing Overdiagnosis. Winding back the harms of too much medicine. Dartmouth College September 10-12, 2013, Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Marginal public health gain of screening for colorectal cancer: modelling study, based on WHO and national databases in the Nordic countries. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. volum 19 (2).
- (2013) Difficult childhood as a predictor of multimorbidity- mediated by allostatic load?. 18th Nordic Congress of General Practice18th Nordic Congress of General Practice, Tampere, Finland, 21-24 August 2013. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2012) Immediate surge in female visits to the cardiac emergency department following the economic collapse in Iceland: an observational study. Emergency Medicine Journal. volum 29 (9).
- (2012) Hva vet fastlegen om sine pasienter som personer? Forskningsdagen.PMU. Abstrakt heftet.
- (2012) Is the use of cholesterol in mortality risk algorithms in clinical guidelines valid? Ten years prospective data from the Norwegian HUNT 2 study. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. volum 18 (1).
- (2011) Menneskets biologi-mettet med erfaring. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 131.
- (2011) The human biology - saturated with experience. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2011) Why should we really talk with our patients, and about what and how?. 17th Wonca Europe Conference 2011.
- (2011) Kunnskap om pasienten som person - medisinsk relevant i en rehabiliteringsprosess?. Nidaroskongressen : Abstracts.