Background and activities
Professor in Behavioural Sciences in Medicine (Bio-Psycho-Social medicine), ISM. Researcher at the Research Unit for Generel Practice
I am MD, PhD, Professor in Behavioural Sciences in Medicine (corresponding to Bio-Psycho-Social medicine) and Senior researcher at the General Practice Research Unit, Department of Public Health and General Practice, NTNU. I have extensive clinical background from general practice, psychiatry and occupational medicine in Norway and Iceland. Reykjavik.
LG is born and educated in Norway and has lived in Iceland 1996-2013. Moved to Trondheim 2014. She started out in Norwegian general practice where she became involved in ideology development and research. In Iceland, she has worked with psychiatry and occupational medicine, whilst continuing to cooperate with Norwegian GP colleagues. Her Ph.D. thesis “Sustainable and responsible preventive medicine” (2006) focuses on ethical dilemmas related to implementation of preventive, clinical guidelines. She has later devotes considerable time and thought to the rapidly increasing body of evidence which links human existential experience to biological function and disease development. Currently Linn is involved in research related to Systems biology for general practice, Multimorbidity (studies based on the HUNT database), and What does it mean to encounter the patient as a person. Linn has lectured extensively in the Nordic countries, and also been a keynote speaker at WONCA Europe and the RCGP in the UK.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Medicine`s perception of reality - a split picture: critical reflections on apparent anomalies within the biomedical theory of science. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. vol. 22 (4).
- (2016) The new holism: P4 systems medicine and the medicalization of health and life itself. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. vol. 19 (2).
- (2015) Personalized medicine meets general practice – a SWOT analysis. Gothenburg 16th-18th of June 2015, 19th Nordic Congress og General Practice. Programme and Abstracts.
- (2015) Beträttelsarnas betydelse för sjukdom och hälsa. Narrativ medicin i den allmännmedicinske praktiken - Del 1. Allmännmedicin.
- (2015) Narrativ Medicin i den allmännmedicinske praktiken - del 2. Allmännmedicin.
- (2015) Self Reported Childhood Difficulties, Adult Multimorbidity and Allostatic Load. A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Norwegian HUNT Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2014) On Crisis Hybris and the Future of Medicalisation. Abstraktbok Preventing Overdiagnosis Conference 2014.
- (2014) Can person-free medical knowledge inform person-centered medical practice?. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 2 (1).
- (2014) Predictive risk algorithms as a driver of overdiagnosis - current status and what next?. Preventing Overdiagnosis - Conference abstracts.
- (2014) Too many diagnoses - multimorbidity as a medical artefact?. Preventing Overdiagnosis. Winding back the harms of too much medicine. University of Oxford, UK, september 15-17, 2014 Programme and Abstracts.
- (2014) Co-and multimorbidity patterns in an unselected Norwegian population: Cross-sectional analysis based on the HUNT studyand theoretical reflections concerning basic medical models. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 2 (3).
- (2014) Total health - the holistic overdiagnosis of Systems (P4) medicine. Abstraktbok Preventing Overdiagnosis Conference 2014.
- (2014) Getting personal: Can systems medicine integrate scientific and humanistic conceptions of the patient?. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. vol. 20 (6).
- (2014) Systems Medicine - holistic and personalized in a humanistic sense?. Abstract book: The First International Conference on Systems and Complexity Sciences for Healthcare An Imperative for the 21st Century.
- (2013) Narrativ Medicin i almen praksis - del II. Den medicinske menneskeforeståelse i forandring. Månedsskrift for almen praksis.
- (2013) Hva betyr frykt og konflikt for barnd biologiske utvikling? Om stressresponser, epigenetikk og den formbare barnehjernen. Oppvekstrapporten.
- (2013) Narrativ medivin i almen praksis -del I. Historiernes betydning for sygdom og sundhed. Månedsskrift for almen praksis.
- (2013) Lifetime experiences, the brain and personalized medicine: An integrative perspective. Metabolism: Clinical and Experimental. vol. 62 (1).
- (2013) Knowing patients as persons: Senior and Junior GPs explore a professional resource. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. vol. 1.
- (2013) Standardization meets stories: contrasting perspectives on the needs of frail individuals at a rehabilitation unit. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 8.