Background and activities
My field of research is unconventional computers, and I am part of the EU project NASCENCE.
Other interests include complex systems and massive parallelism.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Mecobo: A hardware and software platform for in materio evolution. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8553 LNCS.
- (2014) Evolution-In-Materio: Solving Machine Learning Classification Problems Using Materials. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8672.
Part of book/report
- (2016) An Explanation of Computation - Collective Electrodynamics in Blobs of Carbon Nanotubes. 9th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies (formerly BIONETICS).
- (2015) Bringing Colours to the Black Box - A Novel Approach to Explaining Materials for Evolution-in-Materio. FUTURE COMPUTING 2015, The Seventh International Conference on Future Computational Technologies and Applications.
- (2015) An Investigation of Square Waves for Evolution in Carbon Nanotubes Material. Proceedings of the European Conference on Artificial Life 2015.
- (2015) Is There Chaos in Blobs of Carbon Nanotubes Used to Perform Computation?. FUTURE COMPUTING 2015, The Seventh International Conference on Future Computational Technologies and Applications.
- (2015) An Investigation of Underlying Physical Properties Exploited by Evolution in Nanotubes Materials. Proceedings of 2015 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, SSCI 2015.
- (2014) Comparison and Evaluation of Signal Representations for a Carbon Nanotube Computational Device. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Evolvable Systems Proceedings.
- (2014) Evolution-in-materio: Solving function optimization problems using materials. 14th UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence (UKCI).