Background and activities
PhD Candidate in the interdisciplinary research group of Geriatrics, Movement and Stroke (GeMS) at the Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science, NTNU. Master's degree in Clinical Health Science, NTNU, 2014. Authorised physiotherapist, Sør-Trøndelag University Collage, 2010.
Working mainly with research on rehabilitation after stroke, and is involved in the clinical trial the Life After Stroke trial (the LAST-study). In this study we are testing a model to maintain as high functional levels as long as possible, for individuals affected by stroke. In the sub-study, the LAST-Fitness study, we investigate the effect of the rehabilitation model on aerobic capacity, physical activity and movement ability after stroke.
- Rehabilitation after stroke
- Exercise and physical activity after stroke; effect and measuring/registering
- Adherence to interventions/treatment programmes
- Registering and implementing, from research to clinical work
- Master's degree in Clinical Health Science, NTNU, 2014.
- Authorised physiotherapist, Sør-Trøndelag University Collage, 2010.
- Research assistant and clinical tester in different research projects affiliated to the stroke unit of St Olavs Hospital, NTNU and the University hospital of North Norway.
- Physiotherapist at the Neurologic and Orthopedic Department, St Olavs Hospital, in addition to clinical work in the municipalities of Trondheim and Melhus.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Upright activity within the first week after stroke is associated with better functional outcome and health-related quality of life: A Norwegian multi-site study. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 48 (3).
- (2016) Responsiveness of the Berg Balance Scale in patients early after stroke. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. vol. 32 (4).
- (2016) A randomized controlled trial assessing the effect of a long term follow-up program aiming to maintain motor function after stroke. The Life After Stroke (LAST) study. European stroke organisation conference . European Stroke Organisation; Barcelona. 2016-05-09 - 2016-05-12.
- (2015) LAST-studien. En randomisert kontrollert studie som vil undersøke effekten av langtidsoppfølging etter hjerneslag i Trondheim, Asker og Bærum kommune. Fysioterapikongressen 2015 . Norske fysioterapeuters forbund; Lillestrøm. 2015-03-04 - 2015-03-06.
- (2015) Life after stroke- the LAST study. The European Stroke Organisation Conference . ESO; Glasgow. 2015-04-17 - 2015-04-19.
- (2015) A prospective longitudinal study assessing stroke patients' adherence to a long-term follow-up programme applied in a randomized controlled trial. European Stroke Organisation Conference ; Glasgow. 2015-04-17 - 2015-04-19.
- (2015) ETTERLEVELSE AV FYSISK AKTIVITET OG TRENING FOR PASIENTER MED HJERNESLAG SOM FØLGES OPP I PRIMÆRHELSETJENESTEN. Fysioterapikongressen . Norsk Fysioterapeutforbund; Lillestrøm. 2015-03-04 - 2015-03-06.
- (2014) Etterlevelse av et langtids oppfølgingsprogram for pasienter etter hjerneslag. Nettverksmøte . Trondheim kommune, Enhet for fysioterapitjenester; Rådhuset, Trondheim. 2014-11-18 - 2014-11-18.