Background and activities
Research InterestsEnergy and climate policy, energy and everyday life, energy use and building design, the cultural dynamics of new renewable energy technologies, environmental communication, science and innovation policy.
Current Research Projects
Climate knowledge on the road. Scientific knowledge, transdiciplinarity and the performance of expertise.
Preparing for a rainy day: Configuring climate science for future society
Strategies for commercialisation and market development of new renewableenergy-technology
Building markets, shaping policy? The role of economics in energy policy and energy use.
Professionalism and pragmatism? The management of environmental knowledge and interdisciplinarity in consulting companies
ECar, A strategy for electrification of road transport in Norway
Previous research projects
Coping with the threat of climate change: technological strategies and cultural
Aesthetics versus energy efficiency. The role of architects in the building designing process
Full list of publications in Frida
(link will come here soon)
- Building markets, shaping policy? The role of economics in energy policy and energy use
- Climate knowledge on the road. Scientific knowledge, transdiciplinarity and the performance of expertise
- Professionalism and pragmatism? The management of environmental knowledge and interdisciplinarity in consulting companies
- Strategies for commercialisation and market development of new renewableenergy-technology
- ECar, A strategy for electrification of road transport in Norway
- Preparing for a rainy day: Configuring climate science for future society
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Concerned consumption. Global warming changing household domestication of energy. Energy Policy. vol. 98.
- (2016) With license to build: Chinese offshore wind firms rejecting European certificates. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management.
- (2016) Creating transitions to electric road transport in Norway: The role of user imaginaries. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 17.
- (2016) Users, design and the role of feedback technologies in the Norwegian energy transition. An empirical study and some radical challenges. Energy Research & Social Science.
- (2015) Embedding smart energy technology in built environments: A comparative study of four smart grid demonstration projects. Indoor + Built Environment. vol. 24 (7).
- (2015) A traveler’s guide to smart grids and the social sciences. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2015) Democracy or war? The communication of the climate issue online. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 3 (1).
- (2015) Material participation and the smart grid: Exploring different modes of articulation. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2014) Public attitudes towards renewable energy technologies in Norway. The role of party preferences. Energy Policy. vol. 67.
- (2014) A transformative practice? Meaning, competence, and material aspects of driving electric cars in Norway. Nature and Culture. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) "Assembling climate knowledge - the role of local expertise". Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 2 (2).
- (2012) The appropriation of the climate change problem among road managers: fighting in the trenches of the real world. Climatic Change. vol. 114 (3-4).
- (2011) Obstacles to sustainable development: The destabilisation of climate change knowledge. Sustainable Development. vol. 19 (3).
- (2011) Making sense of global warming: Norwegians appropriating knowledge of anthropogenic climate change. Public Understanding of Science. vol. 20 (6).
- (2010) The Global Warming of Climate Science: Climategate and the Construction of Scientific Facts. International Studies in the Philosophy of Science. vol. 24 (3).
- (2009) How energy efficiency fails in the building industry. Energy Policy. vol. 37 (3).
- (2009) Achieving a balanced view? A comparative analysis of newspaper coverage of climate change in Norway and Sweden, 2002 -2008. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environment.
- (2008) Miljøarkitekten: Dirigent eller deltaker?. Nordisk arkitekturforskning. vol. 20 (3).
- (2006) "Some like it hot" - konstruksjon av kunnskap om klimaendringer i norske aviser. Norsk Medietidsskrift. vol. 13 (3).
- (2002) Å bringe tekster i tale - mulige metodiske innfallsvinkler til tekstanalyse i statsvitenskap. Norsk Statsvitenskapelig Tidsskrift. vol. 18 (4).