Postal addressDepartment of Urban Design and Planning Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Head of Department/ Associate professor
Background and activities
... in paternity leave until 30. of june 2014
Markus Schwai has been the Head of the Department of Urban Design and Planning since August, 2013.
He has a master degree in Architecture from Graz University of Technology in Austria and a PhD from Graz University of Technology and NTNU
He is the main teacher responsible for the bachelor course in urban design and planning.
· Associate Professor at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2007-2013)
· Lecturer at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2005-2007)
· Scientific Assistant at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2006)
· Architect at Per Knudsen Arkitektkontor AS (2005-2006)
· Consultant (Culture and Communication). UNESCO Kathmandu, Nepal (2004)
· Architect/planner at The Department of Urban and Traffic Planning, Austria (2003)
· Student Assistant at Oasen Idee Laboratory, NTNU (2001-2002)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2009) RE010 - EROPAN 9 competition. Europan Austria. 2009.
- (2010) Innspill til fremtidsløsning for kollektivtransporten i Trondheim. 2010.