Background and activities
Head of department for Urban design and planning. Has a master degree in Architecture from Graz University of Technology in Austria and a PhD from Graz University of Technology and NTNU. His expertise is in local planning and urban design, where Typological development and participation in planning and building processes are his peak competence. He was employed at the department in 2007 as associate professor for urban planning and design, first teaching in the Master programme for physical planning until 2010 when he became responsible for the bachelor education in urban design and planning for students in architecture. Also teaching Master courses for students of architecture became his tasks. He became Head of Department in 2013 and leads a research and teaching cooperation with universities in the Western Balkans, financed by the Norwegian foreign Ministry. The title for this cooperation is ‘Rethinking architecture and energy efficiency in buildings and urban development'.
· Associate Professor at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2007-2013)
· Lecturer at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2005-2007)
· Scientific Assistant at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2006)
· Architect at Per Knudsen Arkitektkontor AS (2005-2006)
· Consultant (Culture and Communication). UNESCO Kathmandu, Nepal (2004)
· Architect/planner at The Department of Urban and Traffic Planning, Austria (2003)
· Student Assistant at Oasen Idee Laboratory, NTNU (2001-2002)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2009) RE010 - EROPAN 9 competition. Europan Austria. 2009.
- (2010) Innspill til fremtidsløsning for kollektivtransporten i Trondheim. 2010.