Postal addressDepartment of Urban Design and Planning Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Head of Department/ Associate professor
Background and activities
Markus Schwai has been the Head of the Department of Urban Design and Planning since August, 2013.
He has a master degree in Architecture from Graz University of Technology in Austria and a PhD from Graz University of Technology and NTNU
He is the main teacher responsible for the bachelor course in urban design and planning.
· Associate Professor at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2007-2013)
· Lecturer at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2005-2007)
· Scientific Assistant at The Department of Urban Design and Planning, NTNU (2006)
· Architect at Per Knudsen Arkitektkontor AS (2005-2006)
· Consultant (Culture and Communication). UNESCO Kathmandu, Nepal (2004)
· Architect/planner at The Department of Urban and Traffic Planning, Austria (2003)
· Student Assistant at Oasen Idee Laboratory, NTNU (2001-2002)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2009) RE010 - EROPAN 9 competition. Europan Austria. 2009.
- (2010) Innspill til fremtidsløsning for kollektivtransporten i Trondheim. 2010.