Background and activities
My work consist of long-term hydropower scheduling with multiple markets. Today, commercial models mainly includes only the day-ahead electricity market. I am a part of the “Integrating Balancing Markets in Hydropower Scheduling Methods (IBM)”-project, initiated and run by SINTEF Energy Research. The project lead, Arild Helseth, is also my co-supervisor for the PhD. The aim for the project is to model and investigate the effect of multi market scheduling. The focus is on the balancing reserve markets, as it is expected an increasing need for the flexibility hydropower induce.
The method we so far has investigated is the Stochastic Dual Dynamic Programming (SDDP) method, which is used for solving stochastic multistage problems. Advancements of the SDDP method and potential other methods will be investigated in order to achieve as good representation as possible of the multimarket problem.
The Research Council of Norway and six of the largest hydropower producers in Norway and Sweden (Statkraft, Vattenfall, E-CO, Hydro, Agder Energi and Lyse) support the IBM project.
Hovedveileder: Prof. Magnus Korpås
PhD Candidate at Dept. of Electric Power Engineering, NTNU. (2015-)
MSc. in Power Systems at NTNU. Title: «Long-Term Scheduling of Hydro Power Systems in Multiple Markets». (2010-2015)
Exchange year at ETH Zürich. (2013-2014)
Corporal in the Norwegian Armed Forces. Stationed at the Transportation Branch of CC-Air HQ Ramstein in Germany. (2009-2010)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) A Case Study on Medium-Term Hydropower Scheduling with Sales of Capacity. Energy Procedia. vol. 87.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Combined SDDP and simulator model for hydropower scheduling with sales of capacity. 2016 13th International Conference on the European Energy Market : EEM2016.
- (2016) Provision of rotating reserves from wind power in a hydro-dominated power system. 2016 International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems, PMAPS 2016.
- (2015) Co-optimizing sales of energy and capacity in a hydropower scheduling model. PowerTech Eindhoven 2015.
- (2015) Long-term Scheduling of Hydro Power Systems in Multiple Markets. 2015.