Background and activities
CV is also found at http://folk.ntnu.no/lundteig/CV-maryann-lundteigen-public-rev-sept2016.pdf.
Lundteigen has a master in Technical Cybernetics (1993) and a PhD in RAMS (2009) from NTNU. She is employed as full time professor from January 1 2014. In the period from 2014- 2016, she has headed the RAMS group, and she is now the co-director in the research driven Centre for innovation in subsea production and processing (SUBPRO) as the co-director (see www.ntnu.edu/subpro).
- Professor at the Department of Production and Quality Engineering
- Member of the RAMS group - Reliability, availability, maintaince, and safety
- Industry experience from oil and gas industry, including a previous postion offshore (at Ekofisk) and as a principal specialist with DNV in reliability and safety instrumented systems
- Applied reseach experience from SINTEF
PhD in safety and reliability assessment of safety instrumented systems:
- Safety instrumented systems
- Reliability assessments
- Independence and common cause failures
- Reliability requirements in light of environmental challenges
- Safety integrity level (SIL)
- Safety integrity and risk acceptance
- Drilling and wellintervention systems
- Railway signalling systems
- SIS related standards (IEC 61508, IEC 61511, OLF 070)
2014-: Professor, RAMS group at NTNU
2013 : Adjunct Professor, RAMS group at NTNU
2012-2013: Principal Specialist DNV
2010 - 2012: Professor, RAMS group at NTNU
2009 - 2010 — Post doc position, RAMS Group at NTNU.
- Ph.D. Scholarship holder, RAMS Group.
- Awarded the ExxonMobil price for best applied doctorial thesis at the Doctoral Degree Awards Ceremony at NTNU on June 3rd 2009. See here for more information
Research Scientist, SINTEF Institute ICT, Department for Applied Cybernetics. Group leader for Safety Critical Systems. Specialist areas: Safety Critical Systems, Integrated Operations/E-field, Petroleum Industry and Railway signalling systems.
1999-2001 — Automation Engineer (Automatiseringsleder);
Responsible for Automation systems at Nidar - Campaign based maintenance.
- Offshore Supervisor Electrical & Automation department, Specialised Maintenance, Phillips Petroleum Co Norway.
- Instrument engineer, Phillips Petroleum Co Norway; Offshore support and optimisation projects of offshore installations.
- Trainee, Phillips Petroleum Co Norway.
- Publications listed in the Christin database
- IEC 61511 maintenance team
- ROSS Gemini centre
- The Association for Electrotechnics and Automation in Industry (IFEA). Member of the professional committee for safety instrumented systems .
- Previous Member of the editorial board for the magazine "Inside Functional Safety" (not longer active)
Master students supervised:
- Ole-Henrik Dag Olsen (2016): Implementing IEC 61508 for Qualification of Safety-Instrumented Systems for Submergible Tube Bridges
- Lars Hauff (2016): Optimization of Design, Safety and Cost of Pressure Protection Systems
- Mohammad Amin Ghanooni (2015): Spurious activations of safety-instrumented systems
- Godziuk, Anna Magdalena (2015): A proposal for a RAMS engineering process for blowout preventers
- Mari Krogness Fornes (2015): Risk assessment of strait crossing bridges
- Caroline Dutard (2015): Management of SIL performance of safety-instrumented systems
- Zeba Gul (2015): Application software development for safety instrumented systems
- Ingrid Zafira Harvinia (2015): Risk Assessment and SIL Allocation of Safety Instrumented Functions for Open Water Workover System
- Eleojo Samuel Ocheni (2015): Impact of partial and imperfect testing on reliability assessment of safety instrumented systems - Possible approaches for inclusion of its effects in reliability assessments
- Yining Dong (2015): Methodology for Identification of Dangerous Combinations of Output States of SIS (co-supervisor)
- Can Li (2015): Safety Instrumented Systems on Older Facilities
- Mbah Rowland (2014): Using reliability growth testing to reveal systematic faults in safety-instrumented systems (co-supervisor)
- Åsa Snilstveit Hoem (2014): Use of field experience to improve the treatment of CCFs in reliability assessment of safety instrumented systems
- Jon Mikkel Haugen (2014) Reliability Allocation and Assessment of Safety-Instrumented Systems (co-supervisor)
- Martin Brataas (2014): Management of the integrity of safety instrumented systems
- Wilmer Alberto Aguilar Marinez (2014): Methods for determining PFD/SIL for workover control systems with short test-intervals and imperfect testing
- Tormod Danielsen Udnæs (2012): Reliability and Availability Assessment of Topologies for Subsea Control Systems
- Remi Pinker (2012): Improved methods for reliability assessments of safety critical systems: An application example for BOP systems
- Sondre Klakegg (2012): Improved methods for reliability assessments of safety-critical systems: An application example for BOP systems
- Ishita Dash (2012): Provision of Reliability Data for New Technology Equipment in Subsea Production Systems
- Henrik Finnema Moen (2012): Reliability Assessment of Safety Instrumented Systems: An Application Example For A Ballasting System
- Kristian Amundsen (2012): A method for combining well safety risk and businessimpact risk
- Ingunn Kristensen (2011):Balancing production availability and safety in subsea production systems
- Yangjiao Liao ( 2011): SIL Follow-Up in the Operational Phase of Safety Instrumented System
- Cuixin Shi (2011): Validation of non-compliant products for use with safety instrumented systems
- Astrid Folkvord Janbu (2009): Treatment of Uncertainties in Reliability Assessment of Safety Instrumented Systems (co-supervisor)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Common cause failures in safety-instrumented systems: Using field experience from the petroleum industry. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 151.
- (2016) PFDavg generalized formulas for SIS subject to partial and full periodic tests based on multi-phase Markov models. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 150.
- (2016) Spurious activation analysis of safety-instrumented systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 156.
- (2016) Two-terminal reliability analysis for multi-phase communication networks. Eksploatacja i Niezawodnosc. vol. 18 (3).
- (2016) Flexible truncation method for the reliability assessment of phased mission systems with repairable components. Eksploatacja i Niezawodnosc. vol. 18 (2).
- (2016) Human factors modelling in offshore drilling operations. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 43.
- (2016) A DBN-based risk assessment model for prediction and diagnosis of offshore drilling incidents. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering. vol. 34.
- (2015) Reliability Importance of the Channels in Safety Instrumented Systems. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. vol. 349.
- (2015) Reliability analysis of large phased-mission systems with repairable components based on the success-state sampling. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 142.
- (2013) Safety barrier analysis of MPD compares primary well control functions with conventional drilling. Drilling Contractor.
- (2013) New PFH-formulas for k-out-of-n:F-systems. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 111.
- (2013) New reliability measure for safety instrumented systems. International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering (IJRQSE). vol. 20 (1).
- (2012) Uncertainty assessment of reliability estimates for safety-instrumented systems. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 226 (6).
- (2011) Reliability performance of safety instrumented systems: A common approach for both low- and high-demand mode of operation. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 96 (3).
- (2010) Management of safety integrity in the operational phase. Inside Functional Safety. vol. 1.
- (2010) Reliability of Safety Instrumented Systems: Where to direct future research?. Process safety progress. vol. 29 (4).
- (2009) Architectural constraints in IEC 61508: Do they have the intended effect?. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 94 (2).
- (2009) Reliability assessment of safety instrumented systems in the oil and gas industry: A practical approach and a case study. International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering (IJRQSE). vol. 16 (2).
- (2009) Integrating RAMS engineering and management with the safety life cycle of IEC 61508. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 94 (12).
- (2008) Partial stroke testing of process shutdown valves: How to determine the test coverage. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 21 (6).