Background and activities
The focus area of my research is membranes, which includes both membrane material development as well as membrane separation processes with special focus on CO2
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Techno-economical evaluation of membrane based biogas upgrading system; a comparison between polymeric membrane and carbon membrane technology. Green Energy & Environment.
- (2016) Role of Facilitated Transport Membranes and Composite Membranes for Efficient CO2 Capture – A review. ChemBioEng Reviews. vol. 3 (2).
- (2015) Fabrication and evaluation of a blend facilitated transport membrane for CO2/CH4 separation. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 54 (44).
- (2015) Membrane system design and process feasibility analysis for CO2 capture from flue gas with a fixed-site-carrier membrane. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 268.
- (2015) Simulation of Pore Width and Pore Charge Effects on Selectivities of CO2 vs. H2 from a Syngas-like Mixture in Carbon Mesopores. Energy Procedia. vol. 64.
- (2015) Fouling mitigation in membrane distillation processes during ammonia stripping from pig manure. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 484.
- (2014) Influence of TiO2 Nanoparticles on the Morphological, Thermal and Solution Properties of PVA/TiO2 Nanocomposite Membranes. The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. vol. 39 (10).
- (2014) Carbon nanotube reinforced PVAm/PVA blend FSC nanocomposite membrane for CO2/CH4-separation. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 26.
- (2014) Fabrication and characterization of polymer blends consisting of cationic polyallylamine and anionic polyvinyl alcohol. Ionics (Kiel). vol. 20 (7).
- (2014) Stability and electrokinetic properties of aqueous TiO2 nanoparticles dispersion in polyallylamine and polyvinyl alcohol blend systems. Journal of polymer research. vol. 21 (4).
- (2014) Energy Efficient Process for CO2 Capture from Flue gas with Novel Fixed-site-carrier Membranes. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Hybrid FSC membrane for CO2 removal from natural gas: Experimental, process simulation, and economic feasibility analysis. AIChE Journal. vol. 60 (12).
- (2014) Hybrid fixed-site-carrier membranes for CO2 removal from high pressure natural gas: Membrane optimization and process condition investigation. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 470.
- (2014) Forward osmosis for the dewatering of pyrolysis oil aqueous phase. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 138.
- (2014) HiPerCap: A New FP7 Project for Development and Assessment of Novel and Emerging Post-combustion CO2 Capture Technologies. Energy Procedia. vol. 63.
- (2014) Development of dual layer of ZIF-8/PEBAX-2533 mixed matrix membrane for CO2 capture. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 459.
- (2014) Development of nanocomposite membranes containing modified Si nanoparticles in PEBAX-2533 as a block copolymer and 6FDADurene diamine as a glassy polymer. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. vol. 6 (18).
- (2014) Gas separation properties of ZIF-8/6FDA-durene diamine mixed matrix membrane. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 128.
- (2014) Method to prepare lab-sized hollow fiber modules for gas separation testing. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 53 (23).
- (2013) Influence of TiO2 on the Chemical, Mechanical, and Gas Separation Properties of Polyvinyl Alcohol-Titanium Dioxide (PVA-TiO2) Nanocomposite Membranes. IJPAC. International journal of polymer analysis and characterization. vol. 18 (4).