Background and activities
Gender, Science and Technology; Assisted Reproductive Technologies; Medical
Imaging; ICT; Globalization
Posthuman Perspectives on Welfare Technologies (HF/NTNU) 2014-2017
Robotic care. Networks on Health, Technology and Culture (RCN/Research Council Norway 2015-16)
Inside Out. New Images and Imaginations of the Body (RCN/KULVER Cultural Values 2010-2014)
Reproductive Relations. Production of Gendered Meaning in the Field of Reproduction (RCN/Gender Research Programme 2009-2012)
The Social meaning of Children. Fertility, Gender and Social Class (RCN/FRISAM 2010-2012)
Globalization and Marginalization: Norwegian Companies in China (NTNU 2003-2009)
Perceptions of Gender, Genes and Reproduction (RCN/ELSA 2002-2008)
Merete Lie and Ragnhild Lund: Renegotiating Local Values. Working Women and Foreign Industry in Malaysia. London: Curzon 1993
Lie M and KH Sørensen (eds): Making technology our own? Domesticating technology into everyday life, Oslo: Scandinavian University Press 1996
Lie, M (ed): He, She & IT revisited. New Perspectives on Gender in the Information Society. Oslo: Gyldendal Academic 2003 (Se bilde av forsiden)
Lie, M, R Lund and G H Hansen (eds) Making it in China, Høyskoleforlaget/Norwegian Academic Press 2008
Ellingsæter, A L, A-M Jensen and M Lie (eds) 2013 The Social Meaning of Children and Fertility Change in Europe. London: Routledge
Lie, M & N Lykke (eds) Assisted Reproduction Across Borders. Feminist Perspectives on Normalizations, Disruptions and Transmissions. Forthcoming, Routledge, autumn 2016
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Reproduction inside/outside: Medical imaging and the domestication of assisted reproductive technologies. The European Journal of Women's Studies. vol. 22 (1).
- (2012) Reproductive images: the autonomous cell. Science as Culture. vol. 21 (4).
- (2011) Brainwashing: Taking another turn with biology. NORA. Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research. vol. 19 (1).
- (2011) Reproductive Imaginations: Stories of Egg and Sperm. NORA. Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research. vol. 19 (4).
- (2010) Det lokale i det globale: norsk industri i Asia. Sosiologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 18.
- (2009) Kjønn fra innsiden. Tidsskrift for kjønnsforskning. vol. 33 (3).
- (2007) Gender in the Information Society: Strategies of Inclusion. Gender, Technology and Development. vol. 11 (2).
- (2007) Gender and Bioethics Intertwined. Egg Donation in the Context of Equal Opportunities. The European Journal of Women's Studies. vol. 14 (4).
- (2006) New perceptions of gender and reproduction. NIKK magasin.
- (2005) Et gen for deg - et gen for meg. Fett Wissenschaft Technologie. vol. 2 (1-2).
- (2005) From NIDL to Globalization: Studying Women Workers in an Increasingly Globalized Economy. Gender, Technology and Development. vol. 9 (1).
- (2005) Introduction. Gender, Technology and Development. vol. 9 (1).
- (2002) Science as father? Sex and gender in the age of reproductive technologies. The European Journal of Women's Studies. vol. 9 (4).
- (2002) On Gender and Things. Reflections on an Exhibition on Gendered Artifacts. Women's Studies: International Forum. vol. 25 (4).
- (2001) Globalisering, sted og kjønn. Kvinneforskning. vol. 25 (2).
- (2000) Two generations: life stories and social change in Malaysia. Journal of Gender Studies. vol. 9 (1).
- (1999) Min vei: Kjønn som bilder i hverdagens scenografi. Kvinneforskning. vol. 23 (1).
- (1999) Globalisation, Place and Gender. AI & Society: The Journal of Human-Centred Systems and Machine Intelligence. vol. 13.
- (1997) - vett i pannen, stål i ben og armer : teknologiens bilder av kjønn. Kvinneforskning. vol. 21 (2).
- (1997) Technology and gender versus technology and work : social work and computers. Acta Sociologica. vol. 40 (2).