Mette LangaasProfessor Department of Mathematical Sciences Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.org +47 73591697 +47 98847649
Background and activities
Statistician - with main interest in the statistical challenges within the field of biostatistics and genomics. Key words: statistical inference, multiple test.
For the period July 2014-June 2015 I'm visiting researcher at the Centre for the Genetic Origins of Health and Disease at the University of Western Australia.
Mobile: +61 416 020 227.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Plant defence responses in oilseed rape MINELESS plants after attack by the cabbage moth Mamestra brassicae. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 66 (2).
- (2014) Robust methods to detect disease-genotype association in genetic association studies: Calculate p-values using exact conditional enumeration instead of simulated permutations or asymptotic approximations. Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology. vol. 13 (6).
- (2014) Central obesity is associated with lower intake of whole-grain bread and less frequent breakfast and lunch: Results from the HUNT study, an adult all-population survey. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. vol. 39 (7).
- (2014) Functional Toll-like receptors in primary first-trimester trophoblasts. Journal of Reproductive Immunology. vol. 106.
- (2013) Identification of fidgety movements and prediction of CP by the use of computer-based video analysis is more accurate when based on two video recordings. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. vol. 29 (6).
- (2013) Acetylsalicylic acid treatment until surgery reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. vol. 43 (6).
- (2013) Balanced caloric macronutrient composition downregulates immunological gene expression in human blood cells - adipose tissue responses diverges. Omics. vol. 17 (1).
- (2013) Variability in UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes and morphine metabolism. Observations from a cross-sectional multicenter study in advanced cancer patients with pain. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics. vol. 23 (3).
- (2013) Differential Gene Expression at the Maternal-Fetal Interface in Preeclampsia Is Influenced by Gestational Age. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (7).
- (2013) The duration of gastrin treatment affects global gene expression and molecular responses involved in ER stress and anti-apoptosis. BMC Genomics. vol. 14.
- (2013) Activation of endosomal Toll-like receptors in first trimester trophoblasts. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 3 (81).
- (2013) Cell surface Toll-like receptors in primary trophoblasts from first trimester placentas. Pregnancy Hypertension. vol. 3 (81).
- (2013) Functional Toll-like receptors in primary first trimester trophoblasts. Placenta. vol. 34 (9).
- (2012) The exact unconditional z-pooled test for equality of two binomial probabilities: optimal choice of the Berger and Boos confidence coefficient. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation. vol. 82 (9).
- (2011) Computer based assessment of General Movements in Young Infants using one or two video recordings. Pediatric Research. vol. 70.
- (2010) Moderate-Carbohydrate Diet Induces Changes in Leukocyte Gene Expression Patterns and Pro-Inflammatory Biomarkers Towards a More Healthy Phenotype, Compared to a High-Carbohydrate Diet. Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. vol. 3 (2-3).
- (2010) Functional studies on RNA-transfected cell microarrays. Methods in Molecular Biology. vol. 629.
- (2010) A Bayesian hierarchical model for quantitative real-time PCR data. Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology. vol. 9 (1).
- (2010) Matrix Metalloproteinase 1 in Pre-eclampsia and Fetal Growth Restriction: Reduced Gene Expression in Decidual Tissue and Protein Expression in Extravillous Trophoblasts. Placenta. vol. 31 (7).
- (2009) Changes in Regulation of Metabolic and Immunological Pathways in Leukocytes Due to Alterations in Macronutrient Composition. Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. vol. 2 (4-5).