Background and activities
Research interests: Astroparticle Physics in particular
- High-energy astrophysics
- Hypothetical particles and their role in astrophysics and cosmology
- Supersymmetry; particle physics beyond the standard model
- Neutrino masses and mixing, their consequences for astrophysics and cosmology
- Matter and interactions in extreme conditions
for more information see my personel homepage at web.phys.ntnu.no/~mika
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Diffuse CR, neutrino and gamma-ray fluxes from AGNs. PoS - Proceedings of Science. vol. ICRC2015.
- (2016) Escape model for Galactic cosmic rays. PoS - Proceedings of Science. vol. ICRC2015.
- (2016) New Calculation of Secondary Antiprotons in Cosmic Rays. PoS - Proceedings of Science. vol. ICRC2015.
- (2016) Regulation of black-hole accretion by a disk wind during a violent outburst of V404 Cygni. Nature. vol. 534.
- (2016) Terrestrial effects of nearby supernovae in the early pleistocene. Astrophysical Journal Letters. vol. 826 (1).
- (2015) Unified model for cosmic rays above 1017 eV and the diffuse gamma-ray and neutrino backgrounds. Physical Review D. vol. 92:083016 (8).
- (2015) Escape model for Galactic cosmic rays and an early extragalactic transition. Physical Review D. vol. 91 (8).
- (2015) The escape model for Galactic cosmic rays. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 632 (1).
- (2015) Interpretations of the IceCube neutrino escess. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 632 (1).
- (2015) New calculation of antiproton production by cosmic ray protons and nuclei. The Astrophysical Journal. vol. 803 (2).
- (2015) Signatures of a two million year old supernova in the spectra of cosmic ray protons, antiprotons and positrons. Physical Review Letters. vol. 115 (18).
- (2015) IMPRINT of A 2 MILLION YEAR OLD SOURCE on the COSMIC-RAY ANISOTROPY. Astrophysical Journal Letters. vol. 809 (2).
- (2014) Explaining the knee by cosmic ray escape from the Galaxy. Physical Review D. vol. 90 (4).
- (2014) On the regularization dependence of the vacuum energy density. Det Kongelige Norske Videnskabers Selskabs Skrifter. vol. 2014 (3).
- (2014) Nuclear enhancement of the photon yield in cosmic ray interactions. The Astrophysical Journal. vol. 789 (2).
- (2014) Neutrino yield from Galactic cosmic rays. Physical Review D. vol. 90 (8).
- (2013) Anisotropic cosmic ray diffusion and its implications for gamma-ray astronomy. Physical Review D. Particles and fields. vol. 88 (2).
- (2013) Deflection of ultra-high energy heavy nuclei in the Galactic magnetic field. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 53.
- (2013) Transition from Galactic to extragalactic cosmic rays and cosmic ray anisotropy. Europhysics letters. vol. 53.
- (2013) Charged cosmic rays and neutrinos. Nuclear physics B, Proceedings supplements. vol. 237-238.