Background and activities
Since 2003 Lindgren is Professor in Physics at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Applied Optics group). The current research at NTNU is focused on laser based spectroscopy, time-resolved optical spectroscopies, electron spin resonance spectroscopy and related spectroscopic imaging techniques. Development of spectroscopic and imaging techniques are applied to elucidate biophysical processes as well as biomolecular and hybrid organic-inorganic nanomaterial systems. Recent new research activities concerns detection of reactive oxygen species using luminescence and electron spin resonance.
Fields of speciality
Optical spectroscopy; Nonlinear optics and laser based sensing; FLIM, CLSM, Hyperspectral microscopy; EPR spectroscopy and imaging; Optical Engineering; Molecular spectroscopic probes in life sciences; Materials: hybrid organic-inorganic materials; Biophotonics: amyloid structures, protein foldning, molecular systems and nanomaterials for photo-dynamic therapy...
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Ruthenium porphyrin-induced photodamage in bladder cancer cells. Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy.
- (2016) Luminescent Eu3+-doped NaLa(WO4)(MoO4) and Ba2CaMoO6 prepared by the modified Pechini method. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology. vol. 77.
- (2015) Photochemical internalization of bleomycin and temozolomide – in vitro studies on the glioma cell line F98. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences. vol. 14 (7).
- (2015) Visualization of oxidative stress in ex vivo biopsies using electron paramagnetic resonance imaging. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 73 (4).
- (2015) Dispersion and self-orientation of gold nanoparticles in sol-gel hybrid silica - optical transmission properties. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. vol. 3 (5).
- (2015) Self-assembly and characterization of transferrin-gold nanoconstructs and their interaction with bio-interfaces. Nanoscale. vol. 7 (17).
- (2014) A high precision method for quantitative measurements of reactive oxygen species in frozen biopsies. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (3).
- (2014) Fe(III) Distribution Varies Substantially Within and Between Atherosclerotic Plaques. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 71 (2).
- (2014) Toward a Molecular Understanding of the Detection of Amyloid Proteins With Flexible Conjugated Oligothiophenes. Journal of Physical Chemistry A. vol. 118 (42).
- (2014) Octoxy capped Si nanoparticles synthesized by homogeneous reduction of SiCl4 with crown ether alkalide. Dalton Transactions. vol. 43 (5).
- (2014) Solid solubility of rare earth elements (Nd, Eu, Tb) in In2−xSnxO3 – effect on electrical conductivity and optical properties. Dalton Transactions. vol. 43 (25).
- (2013) Enhanced fluorescent assignment of protein aggregates by an oligothiophene-porphyrin based amyloid ligand. Macromolecular rapid communications. vol. 34 (9).
- (2013) Solution based synthesis of simple fcc Si nano-crystals under ambient conditions. Dalton Transactions. vol. 42 (8).
- (2013) Biocompatible well-defined chromophore-polymer conjugates for photodynamic therapy and two-photon imaging. Polymer Chemistry. vol. 4 (1).
- (2013) Spectral correlation analysis of Amyloid beta plaque inhomogeneity from double staining experiments. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 18 (10).
- (2013) Hyperspectral analysis using the correlation between image and reference. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 18 (2).
- (2013) Evidence for Age-Dependent in Vivo Conformational Rearrangement within Aβ Amyloid Deposits. ACS Chemical Biology. vol. 8 (6).
- (2013) Photophysical properties and study of the singlet oxygen generation of tetraphenylporphyrinato palladium(II) complexes. Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines. vol. 17 (10).
- (2012) Synthesis of Monodisperse Silicon Quantum Dots Through a K-Naphthalide Reduction Route. Journal of cluster science. vol. 23 (2).
- (2012) Silica Hybrid Sol-Gel Materials with Unusually High Concentration of Pt-Organic Molecular Guests: Studies of Luminescence and Nonlinear Absorption of Light. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. vol. 4 (5).