Background and activities
PhD candidate within the Industrial Ecology Programme since April 2014. My field of research is on socio-economic metabolism, focusing on socio-economic drivers for environmental impacts.
Area of work
- Analysis of drivers for environmental impacts (focus on greenhouse gas emissions) through a consumption-based approach;
- Focus on socio-economic development and structural changes in economy, employment, and resource consumption patterns;
- Development of social indicators database for multi-regional input-output (MRIO) analysis;
- Tutoring & supervising master students.
Skills and expertise
- Socio-economic and environmental assessments;
- Input-output analysis;
- Labor-related social indicators.
- Master of Science in Energy (Focus: Energy, Environment and Society), University of São Paulo, Brazil, 2012;
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Management, University of São Paulo, Brazil, 2009.
- Research assistant, Industrial Ecology Programme, NTNU. Development of social indicators for MRIO databases and analysis (2012-2014).
- Environmental Analyst, Brazilian Wind Energy Association (ABEEólica). Research on evironmental, economic, and policy topics regarding wind energy; participation at the Environmental Forum of the Electric Sector; and organization of the scientific program of the 2011 and 2012 Brazil Wind Power Conferences (2011-2012).
- President (2015-2016) and Board member (2014-2015) of the Student Community Board of the International Society for Industrial Ecology;
- Creation and leading of the CarbonUSP group, a group for students in the University of São Paulo for discussion on climate change science and mitigation (2009-2010).
- Outdoor activities (hiking, skiing, climbing, bouldering, paddling...);
- Traveling and exploring.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Correlation between production and consumption-based environmental indicators: The link to affluence and the effect on ranking environmental performance of countries. Ecological Indicators. vol. 76.
- (2016) Environmental and resource footprints in a global context: Europe’s structural deficit in resource endowments. Global Environmental Change. vol. 40.
- (2015) Estimating the human appropriation of land in Brazil by means of an Input-Output Economic Model and Ecological Footprint analysis. Ecological Indicators. vol. 53.
- (2015) Labor Embodied in Trade: The Role of Labor and Energy Productivity and Implications for Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 19 (3).
- (2015) Global Sustainability Accounting - Developing EXIOBASE for Multi-Regional Footprint Analysis. Sustainability. vol. 7 (1).
- (2014) The “Bad Labor” Footprint: Quantifying the Social Impacts of Globalization. Sustainability. vol. 6 (11).
- (2014) Assessing employment in renewable energy technologies: A case study for wind power in Brazil. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 31.
- (2014) The Global Resource Footprint of Nations: Carbon, water, land and materials embodied in trade and final consumption calculated with EXIOBASE 2.1. 2014. ISBN 978-3-200-03637-6.
Part of book/report
- (2015) The Bad Labour Footprints: Linking Local Labour Conditions to Global Supply Chains. The sustainability practitioner's guide to social analysis and assessment.