Background and activities
Mogens Blanke (1947) is Adjunct Professor at the Department of Engineering Cybernetics. He is a member of the research group for Motion Control Systems. Blanke has a MScEE in Automatic Control and a PhD from the Servolaboratory, Technical University of Denmark.
Genereal area of research is in automation of systems. Specific theoretic interests comprise autonomous fault-tolerance, fault-diagnosis, systems architecture design to obtain desired safety properties, system modelling, identification and control. Application experience has been in the areas of spacecraft and marine systems and in autonomous robotics.
- 2012- Adjunct Professor at AMOS, Institute of Technical Cybernetics, NTNU
- 2006-2012 Adjunct Professor at CeSOS, NTNU
- 2000- Full professor of Automatic Control at the Technical University of Denmark
- 1990-2000 Professor, University of Aalborg, Institute for Electronic Systems, Dept. of Control Engineering. Chair of Automatic Control Systems
- 1985-1990 General Manager for Marine Division at Søren T. Lyngsø AS, responsibilities including development of total ship integrated control systems: Danish Navy Standard Flex 300 Machinery and Autopilot Controls, Diesel Engine Governor for large diesel engines
- 1981-1985 Associate Professor, DTH, Servolaboratory. Chairman of Institute 1980-83. Research interests system identification for nonlinear systems, ship control systems, automatic steering and propulsion systems
Rewards and Professional Achievements
- 2012 Co-author of paper winning the Best Paper Award at the IFAC Conference MCMC`2012
- 2009 Co-autho of paper winning the Best Paper Award at the IFAC Conference MCMC`2009
- 2009 Finalist for ABB Best Applied Paper Award at Safeprocess `2009
- 2001 Member of Danish Academy of Technical Sciences
- 2000 Honorary visiting Professor at Dalian Maritime University, P.R. China
- 1999 Aalborg City Springtime Award for Achievements of the Ørsted Satellite Attitude Control team
- 1999 Ørsted Satellite Design Team Award
- 1986 ESSO Price for Significant Contributions to Advanced Control of Ships and Diesel Engines
- 1985 Senior member of Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- 1985 Radio Parts Grant
Professional Societies and Other
- 1999-2001 Member IFAC Council
- 1996-1999 Chairman for Doctoral School of Technology and Science at Aalborg University
- 1996-1999 Chair IFAC Coordinating Committee on Transportation and Vehicles
- 1994-1996 Chair IFAC Technical Committee on Marine Systems
- 1987-1993 Chair IFAC Working Group on Automatic Control Applications in Marine Systems
- 1987-1993 Member IFAC Applications Committee
- 1982-1996 Board of Directors in Danish Automation Society
Editor for International Journals
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems: Technical Editor for Fault-tolerant Systems
- Associate Editor for Control Engineering Practice
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Adaptive Observer for Nonlinearly Parameterised Hammerstein System with Sensor Delay - Applied to Ship Emissions Reduction. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- (2017) Adaptive feedforward control of exhaust recirculation in large diesel engines. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 65.
- (2017) Performance comparison of controllers with fault-dependent control allocation for UAVs. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems. vol. 87 (1).
- (2016) Combined Geometric and Neural Network Approach to Generic Fault Diagnosis in Satellite Actuators and Sensors. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (21).
- (2016) Response analysis and comparison of a spar-type floating offshore wind turbine and an onshore wind turbine under blade pitch controller faults. Wind Energy. vol. 19 (1).
- (2016) Statistical fault diagnosis of wind turbine drivetrain applied to a 5MW floating wind turbine. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Stability Boundaries for Offshore Wind Park Distributed Voltage Control. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- (2016) Control-Oriented Model of Molar Scavenge Oxygen Fraction for Exhaust Recirculation in Large Diesel Engines. Journal of Dynamic Systems Measurement, and Control. vol. 139 (2).
- (2016) Efficient Modelling Methodology for Reconfigurable Underwater Robots. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2016) Modelling and identification for control of gas bearings. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 70-71.
- (2015) Mooring System Diagnosis and Structural Reliability Control for Position Moored Vessels. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 36 (3).
- (2015) Centralised versus decentralised control reconfiguration for collaborating underwater robots. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (21).
- (2015) Parametric roll resonance monitoring using signal-based detection. Ocean Engineering. vol. 109.
- (2015) Short-range sensor for underwater robot navigation using line-lasers and vision. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
- (2015) Smart sensor based obstacle detection for high-speed unmanned surface vehicle. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
- (2015) Diagnosis of co pollution in htpem fuel cell using statistical change detection. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (21).
- (2015) Nonlinear adaptive control of exhaust gas recirculation for large diesel engines. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (16).
- (2015) Diagnosis of wing icing through lift and drag coefficient change detection for small unmanned aircraft. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (21).
- (2015) Incident detection and isolation in drilling using analytical redundancy relations. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 41 (August).
- (2015) Fault diagnosis of downhole drilling incidents using adaptive observers and statistical change detection. Journal of Process Control. vol. 30 (June).