Background and activities
Research focus is on creating an effective vaccine against tuberculosis using a non-pathogenic strain and also to understand the biology of the disease.
Area of Interest
Host pathogen Interaction and Infectious diseases
Bachelors in Biotechnology-Osmania University,Hyderabad, India
Masters in Biotechnology- Bangalore University,Bangalore, India
• Elucidating the physiological role of WhiB2 a member of the WhiB-like family of proteins in Mycobacterium tuberculosis
• Investigating the role of the Mycobacterial PE family of proteins in mediating host pathogen interactions
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) Hyderabad, India (April ’09-April’13)
• Study of Plant Extracts against the Activity of Plant Pathogens and Pests – Project Sponsored by the Biotechnology Consortium of India Ltd. (BCIL), Govt. of India at EIDParry, India Ltd, Bangalore, Dec ‘07- Jun ‘08
• Prevalence and Immunotherapy towards the fungal allergen Helminthosporium Project carried out at the Immunology Unit, Bhagawan Mahavir Medical Research Centre, Hyderabad, Nov ‘03 – Mar ‘04
• Molecular Biology techniques such as DNA & RNA isolation, PCR, RTPCR, Plasmid isolation, Gene Cloning, Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, DNA sequencing.
• Biochemical techniques like Protein Purification and Estimation, SDS-PAGE, Native- PAGE,Western Blotting, β-Galactosidase Assays.
• Immuno-precipitation Assays.
• Culture and Propagation of Mycobacteria, Sub-cellular fractionation of Mycobacterium smegmatis, Acid fast Staining
• Light Microscopy
• Cell culture techniques
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Benzoic Acid-Inducible Gene Expression in Mycobacteria. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (9).