Background and activities
Trained in anestesiology and clinical pharmacology. Worked at St Olavs Hospitla and Faculty of Medicine, NTNU, Trondheim since 1978. had four research sabbaticals abroad
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Genetic, pathological and physiological determinants of transdermal fentanyl pharmacokinetics in 620 cancer patients of the EPOS study. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics. vol. 24 (4).
- (2014) Concentrations of remifentanil, propofol, fentanyl, and midazolam during rewarming from therapeutic hypothermia. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 58 (6).
- (2014) Chronic pain and use of opioids: A population-based pharmacoepidemiological study from the Norwegian Prescription Database and the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Pain. vol. 155 (7).
- (2014) A pilot study of nasal fentanyl for patient controlled treatment of cancer pain. Journal of Opioid Management. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) Biotilgjenglighet av nalokson som nesespray- grunnlaget for fremtidig prehospital bruk. NAForum. vol. 27 (3).
- (2013) Effects of hypothermia on the disposition of morphine, midazolam, fentanyl, and propofol in intensive care unit patients. Drug Metabolism And Disposition. vol. 41 (1).
- (2013) Variability in UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes and morphine metabolism. Observations from a cross-sectional multicenter study in advanced cancer patients with pain. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics. vol. 23 (3).
- (2013) Current use of nitrous oxide in public hospitals in Scandinavian countries. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 57 (9).
- (2013) Longitudinal Associations between Exercise and Pain in the General Population - The HUNT Pain Study. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (6).
- (2013) Chronic pain: One year prevalence and associated characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Scandinavian Journal of Pain. vol. 4 (4).
- (2013) Do Corticosteroids Provide Analgesic Effects in Cancer Patients? A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 46 (1).
- (2013) Do coricosteroids provide anlgesic effects in cancer patients? A systeamtic literature review. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 46 (1).
- (2012) Do CYP2D6 genotypes reflect oxycodone requirements for cancer patients treated for cancer pain? A cross-sectional mutlicentre study. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. vol. 68 (1).
- (2012) Is Oxycodone Efficacy Reflected in Serum Concentrations? A Multicenter, Cross-Sectional Study in 456 Adult Cancer Patients. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 43 (4).
- (2012) Propofol and remifentanil versus midazolam and fentanyl for sedation during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a randomised trial. Intensive Care Medicine. vol. 38 (6).
- (2012) Use of opioid analgesics in the treatment of cancer pain: evidence-based recommendations from the EAPC. The Lancet Oncology. vol. 13 (2).
- (2012) Does Intraoperative Ketamine Attenuate Inflammatory Reactivity Following Surgery? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Anesthesia and Analgesia. vol. 115 (4).
- (2012) Serum concentrations of opiods when comparing two switching strategies to methadone for cancer pain. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. vol. 68 (8).
- (2012) Estimating the prevalence of chronic pain: Validation of recall against longitudinal reporting (the HUNT pain study). Pain. vol. 153 (7).
- (2012) A physiologically-based recirculatory meta-model for nasal fentanyl in man. Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. vol. 39 (5).