Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Trained anesthesiologist and clinical pharmacologist. Worked at St.Olavs University Hospital/Medical Faculty since 1978. Four research sabbaticals abroad
See brief CV
Publications 2008 – 2013 (About 120 publications listed in PubMed,)
I Original publications including international reviews
II. Editorials, book chapters and letters
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Effects of hypothermia on the disposition of morphine, midazolam, fentanyl, and propofol in intensive care unit patients. Drug Metabolism And Disposition. volum 41 (1).
- (2013) Variability in UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes and morphine metabolism. Observations from a cross-sectional multicenter study in advanced cancer patients with pain. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics. volum 23 (3).
- (2013) Current use of nitrous oxide in public hospitals in Scandinavian countries. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. volum 57 (9).
- (2013) Longitudinal Associations between Exercise and Pain in the General Population - The HUNT Pain Study. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (6).
- (2013) Chronic pain: One year prevalence and associated characteristics (the HUNT pain study). Scandinavian Journal of Pain. volum 4 (4).
- (2013) Do Corticosteroids Provide Analgesic Effects in Cancer Patients? A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. volum 46 (1).
- (2013) Do coricosteroids provide anlgesic effects in cancer patients? A systeamtic literature review. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. volum 46 (1).
- (2012) Do CYP2D6 genotypes reflect oxycodone requirements for cancer patients treated for cancer pain? A cross-sectional mutlicentre study. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. volum 68 (1).
- (2012) Is Oxycodone Efficacy Reflected in Serum Concentrations? A Multicenter, Cross-Sectional Study in 456 Adult Cancer Patients. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. volum 43 (4).
- (2012) Propofol and remifentanil versus midazolam and fentanyl for sedation during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a randomised trial. Intensive Care Medicine. volum 38 (6).
- (2012) Use of opioid analgesics in the treatment of cancer pain: evidence-based recommendations from the EAPC. The Lancet Oncology. volum 13 (2).
- (2012) Does Intraoperative Ketamine Attenuate Inflammatory Reactivity Following Surgery? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Anesthesia and Analgesia. volum 115 (4).
- (2012) Serum concentrations of opiods when comparing two switching strategies to methadone for cancer pain. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. volum 68 (8).
- (2012) Estimating the prevalence of chronic pain: Validation of recall against longitudinal reporting (the HUNT pain study). Pain. volum 153 (7).
- (2012) A physiologically-based recirculatory meta-model for nasal fentanyl in man. Journal of Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics. volum 39 (5).
- (2011) Influence from genetic variability on opioid use for cancer pain: A European genetic association study of 2294 cancer pain patients. Pain. volum 152 (5).
- (2011) Influences on the pharmacokinetics of oxycodone: a multicentre cross-sectional study in 439 adult cancer patients. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. volum 67 (5).
- (2011) Associations between Physical Activity and Physical and Mental Health - A HUNT 3 Study. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 43 (7).
- (2011) European Palliative Care Research Collaborative pain guidelines: Opioid switching to improve analgesia or reduce side effects. A systematic review. Palliative Medicine : A Multiprofessional Journal. volum 25 (5).
- (2011) How to switch from morphine or oxycodone to methadone in cancer patients? A randomized clinical phase II trial. European Journal of Cancer. volum 47 (16).