Olav B FossoProfessor, Director of NTNU's Strategic Thematic Area Energy IME faculty administration Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.org +47 73597282 +47 99589248
Background and activities
- Professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) since 2002.
- From 1. Sept 2014: Director of Strategic Thematic Area Energy at NTNU.
- Head of department of Electric Power Engineering from August 2009 until August 2013.
- Until 2002: SINTEF Energy on development of methods/principles for utilization of renewable energy in electricity markets and transmission network utilization.
- International: Member of many international working groups, and he has been the chairman of CIGRE SC C5 Electricity Markets and Regulation and member of CIGRE Technical Committee (2008 - 2014) and is now a "Honorary Member of CIGRE".
- Chairman of the Board of NOWITECH (Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology) (2015 - )
- Board member of Energy21 (Norwegian National Strategy for Research, Development, Demonstration and Commercialisation of new Enegy Technology)
- Research activities involve offshore grid and market integration of intermittent generation.
He is responsible at NTNU for:
- Coordination of international initiatives in research and education within the energy field
- Coordination of national research initiatives as "Centres for Environmenally Friendly Energy (FME)"
- Development of research and education initiatives with international strategic partners
- Further development of NTNUs participation within Horizon2020 and the European Research Area.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A Virtual synchronous machine implementation for distributed control of power transformers in SmartGrids. Electric power systems research. vol. 122.