Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Selective segregation in intraspecific competition between Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and brown trout (Salmo trutta). Ecology of Freshwater Fish. volum 23.
- (2014) Comparison of active and passive sampling methods for detecting and monitoring the endangered smooth newth (Triturus vulgaris) and northern crested newt (T. cristatus). Herpetology Notes. volum 7.
- (2014) Otolith size differences during early life of dwarf and cannibal Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus). Ecology of Freshwater Fish.
- (2014) Effects of hydropeaking on growth, energetics and behaviour on juvenile Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management.
- (2014) Spatial and temporal genetic structure of a river-resident Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) after millennia of isolation. Ecology and Evolution. volum 4 (9).
- (2014) Morphological and genetical comparison between natural produced smolts of Atlantic salmon Salmo salar, brown trout S. trutta and their hybrids. Fisheries Management and Ecology. volum 21.
- (2013) Selective segregation in intraspecific competition between juvenile Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and brown trout (Salmo trutta). Ecology of Freshwater Fish.
- (2012) Direct and indirect climatic drivers of biotic interactions: ice-cover and carbon runoff shaping Arctic char Salvelinus alpinus and brown trout Salmo truttacompetitive asymmetries. Oecologia. volum 168 (1).
- (2011) Pre-winter lipid stores in brown trout Salmo trutta along altitudinal and latitudinal gradients. Journal of Fish Biology. volum 79 (5).
- (2011) Morphological differences in parr of Atlantic salmon Salmo salar from three regions in Norway. Journal of Fish Biology. volum 78 (5).
- (2010) Dwarfs and cannibals in the Arctic: production of Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus (L.)) at two trophic levels. Hydrobiologia. volum 652 (1).
- (2010) A comparison of external and internal attachments of radio transmitters on adult crested newts Triturus cristatus. Amphibia-Reptilia. volum 31 (2).
- (2010) Adaptive winter survival strategies: defended energy levels in juvenile Atlantic salmon along a latitudinal gradient. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. volum 277 (1684).
- (2009) Pre-winter lipid stores in young-of-year Atlantic salmon along a north-south gradient. Journal of Fish Biology. volum 74 (7).
- (2006) Growing large in a low grade environment: Size dependent foraging gain and niche shifts to cannibalism in Arctic char. Oikos. volum 112.
- (2006) The influence of hydroelectric power generation on the body composition of juvenile Atlantic salmon. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. volum 22.
- (2006) Inter- and intra-population morphological differences between wild and farmed Atlantic salmon juveniles. Journal of Fish Biology. volum 69.
- (2004) Biased sampling and the establishment of a scientific myth: Bimodal population size distributions in Arctic char. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. volum 61.
- (2004) To sea or not to sea: anadromy versus non-anadromy in salmonids. Evolution illuminated - salmon and their relatives.
- (2004) Dial periodicity and environmental release of the downstream migration of anadromous first time migrants of Arctic char, Atlantic salmon and brown trout in the river Halselva (70ºN 23ºE), northern Norway. Environmental Biology of Fishes. volum 70.