Department of Energy and Process Engineering
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Environmental engineering
- Supply chain
I am a researcher at the Industrial Ecology Program at NTNU. At the time being, all my time is related to the Bioenergy Innovation Centre (CenBio), one of the centers for environmental friendly energy research (FME) in Norway.
My particular research focus is on life cycle assessment of bioenergy production systems with a particular focus on implementation of land use and land use changes. How can the impact on e.g. carbon stocks and biodiversity be included in the assessments and used for final comparison of different systems. One other important aspect is alternative use of biomass; since supply of biomass in not unlimited, competition will occur and ‘right’ use will thus become more and more important. In addition to the research, I am also the coordinator of the bioenergy graduate school, a project within CenBio.
Previously I have been involved in research on environmental and social management in supply chains with a particular focus on knowledge of environmental impact and distribution of environmental impact within the supply chains, and also the possibilities companies have to influence the supply chain as a system. Research on green procurement has been a part of this. I have also been involved in research on the impact on ecosystems from climate change.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2012) Continent-wide response of mountain vegetation to climate change. Nature Climate Change. volum 2 (2).
- (2012) Impact Assessment of Biodiversity and Carbon Pools from Land Use and Land Use Changes in Life Cycle Assessment, Exemplified with Forestry Operations in Norway. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 16 (2).
- (2012) Kunnskap for bærekraft. Adresseavisen.
- (2012) The influence of system boundaries on life cycle assessment of grain production in central southeast Norway. Agricultural Systems. volum 111.
- (2011) Green public procurement in practice - the case of Norway. Society and Economy. volum 33.
- (2011) Life Cycle Assessment of Biomass-based Combined Heat and Power Plants. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 15 (6).
- (2011) Større fotspor fra produksjonsfasen. Klima. volum 5.
- (2011) The Impact of Climate Change on Recent Vegetation Changes on Dovrefjell, Norway. Diversity. volum 3.
- (2010) Eco-Efficiency assessments as a tool for revealing the environmental improvement potential of new regulations. Sustainability. volum 2.
- (2010) Using eco-efficiency in sustainable supply chain management; a case study of furniture production. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. volum 12.
- (2009) Product category rules and environmental product declarations as tools to promote sustainable products: experiences from a case study of furniture production. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. volum 11 (2).
- (2009) Green procurement in Norway; a survey of practices at the municipal and county level. Journal of Environmental Management. volum 91 (1).
- (2009) Kartlegging av fjellflora for å studere effekter av klimaendringer – foreløpige resultater fra en undersøkelse på Dovrefjell / An analysis of alpine flora to investigate effects of climate change – preliminary results from a study on Dovre mountain region. Blyttia : Norsk botanisk forenings tidsskrift. volum 67 (1).
- (2008) Assessment of Land Use Impact on Biodiversity. Proposal of a new methodology exemplified with forestry operations in Norway. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. volum 13 (1).
- (2008) Kommunene og bærekraftig arealbruk. Adresseavisen.
- (2008) Samfunnsansvar i praksis. Bergens Tidende.
- (2008) Telenor - samfunnsansvar i praksis?. Adresseavisen.
- (2008) Environmental impact and added value in forestry operations in Norway. Journal of Industrial Ecology. volum 12 (1).
- (2008) Verdikjedestyring er samfunnsansvar. MediaPlanet Online.
- (2007) Investigation of relationships in a supply chain in order to improve environmental performance. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. volum 9.