Background and activities
have been employed at NTH/Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) since 1980 and I am a Professor at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Areas of speciality
- Materials science
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Heat transfer to the die wall during high pressure die casting of two aluminium alloys. part 1. American Foundry Society : Transactions. vol. 9 (2).
- (2015) Late Medieval bone-ash cupels from the archbishop`s mint in Trondheim. Fornvännen.
- (2014) Dislocation formation in seeds for quasi-monocrystalline silicon for solar cells. Acta Materialia. vol. 67.
- (2012) High temperature annealing of bent multicrystalline silicon rods. Acta Materialia. vol. 60 (19).
- (2012) La0.2Sr0.8Fe0.8Ta0.2O3 (-) (delta) based thin film membranes with surface modification for oxygen production. Solid State Ionics. vol. 225.
- (2012) New advances in metallurgical solar grade silicon based on recent Norwegian research activities. Physica Status Solidi. C, Current topics in solid state physics. vol. 9 (10-11).
- (2011) TEM Characterization of near Sub-Grain Boundary Dislocations in Directionally Solidified Multicrystalline Silicon. Solid State Phenomena. vol. 178-179.
- (2011) The microstructure of dislocation clusters in industrial directionally solidified multicrystalline silicon. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 110 (6).
- (2011) Growth of dislocation clusters during directional solidification of multicrystalline silicon ingots. Acta Materialia. vol. 59 (20).
- (2010) The mint in the Nidaros archbishop's palace : coin production under archbishop Gaute Ivarsson (1475-1510). Det Kongelige Norske Videnskabers Selskabs Skrifter.
- (2008) Effect of solution heat treatments on the microstructure and mechanical properties of a die-cast AlSi7MgMn alloy. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A. vol. 39A.
- (2007) Spatially resolved modeling of the combined effect of dislocations and grain boundaries on minority carrier lifetime in multicrystalline silicon. Journal of Applied Physics. vol. 101.
- (2005) Analysis of the effect of Si content on the creep response of an Mg-5Al-Mn alloy. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 410.
- (2005) The heat transfer during filling of a high-pressure die-casting shot sleeve. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 413-414.
- (2005) Effects of grain refiner additions on the grain structures in HPDC A356 castings. International Journal of Cast Metals Research. vol. 18 (2).
- (2005) Effects of Si content on defect band formation in hypoeutectic Al-Si die castings. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 413 (Dec).
- (2005) Creep properties at 125 degrees C of an AM50 Mg alloy modified by Si additions. Zeitschrift für Metallkunde. vol. 96.
- (2004) The Effect of Grain Orientations on the Efficiency of Multicrystalline Solar Cells. Solid State Phenomena. vol. 95-96.
- (2004) Carbon and Nitrogen Contents and Inclusion Formation during Crytallization of Multicrystalline Silicon. Proceedings/ European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference.
- (2004) Divorced eutectic in a HPDC magnesium-aluminium alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. vol. 378.