Postal addressDepartment of Physics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Pål Erik Goa
Background and activities
Main interest is development of new methods in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), in close collaboration with the Medical Faculty (NTNU) and St.Olavs Hospital.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI texture analysis for pretreatment prediction of clinical and pathological response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced breast cancer. NMR in Biomedicine. volum 27 (8).
- (2014) Inhomogeneous static magnetic field-induced distortion correction applied to Diffusion Weighted MRI of the breast at 3 Tesla. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine.
- (2013) Modeling and suppression of respiration induced B0-fluctuations in non-balanced steady-state free precession sequences at 7 Tesla. Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine. volum 26 (4).
- (2013) Brain Development after Neonatal Intermittent Hyperoxia-Hypoxia in the Rat Studied by Longitudinal MRI and Immunohistochemistry. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (12).
- (2013) Longitudinal diffusion tensor and manganese-enhanced MRI detect delayed cerebral gray and white matter injury after hypoxia-ischemia and hyperoxia. Pediatric Research. volum 73 (2).
- (2013) Single-shot echo-planar imaging with Nyquist ghost compensation: Interleaved dual echo with acceleration (IDEA) echo-planar imaging (EPI). Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. volum 69 (1).
- (2013) Late Gadolinium Enhancement in the Assessment of the Infarcted Mouse Heart: A Longitudinal Comparison With Manganese-Enhanced MRI. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. volum 38 (6).
- (2012) Peripheral Zone Prostate Cancer Localization by Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance at 3 T: Unbiased Cancer Identification by Matching to Histopathology. Investigative Radiology. volum 47 (11).
- (2012) Doxycycline treatment in a neonatal rat model of hypoxia-ischemia reduces cerebral tissue and white matter injury: a longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. European Journal of Neuroscience. volum 36 (1).
- (2011) Cardiac-induced physiological noise in 3D gradient echo brain imaging: Effect of k-space sampling scheme. Journal of magnetic resonance (San Diego, Calif. 1997 : Print). volum 212 (1).
- (2011) Longitudinal Manganese-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Delayed Brain Damage after Hypoxic-Ischemic Injury in the Neonatal Rat. Neonatology. volum 100 (4).
- (2010) Prognostic value of pretreatment dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging in breast cancer patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy: Overall survival predicted from combined time course and volume analysis. Acta Radiologica. volum 51 (6).
- (2010) Monitoring the Effect of Docetaxel Treatment in MCF7 Xenografts Using Multimodal In Vivo and Ex Vivo Magnetic Resonance Methods, Histopathology and Gene Expression. Translational Oncology. volum 3 (4).
- (2010) Assessment of early docetaxel response in an experimental model of human breast cancer using DCE-MRI, ex vivo HR MAS, and in vivo 1H MRS. NMR in Biomedicine. volum 23 (1).
- (2010) Manganese Transport in the Rat Optic Nerve Evaluated With Spatial- and Time-Resolved Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. volum 32 (3).
- (2010) Characterization of tumor microvascular structure and permeability: comparison between magnetic resonance imaging and intravital confocal imaging. Journal of Biomedical Optics. volum 15 (3).
- (2009) HYPEROXIA FOR 2 H FOLLOWING HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIA INCREASE BRAIN LESIONS IN THE NEONATAL RAT. Acta Paediatrica. volum 98.
- (2009) DOXYCYCLINE REDUCES BRAIN INJURY AFTER HYPOXIA-ISCHEMIA (HI) IN THE NEONATAL RAT: A MANGANESE ENHANCED MRI (MEMRI) STUDY. Acta Paediatrica. volum 98.
- (2009) Manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in the neonatal rat. NeuroImage. volum 45 (3).
- (2008) Axon tracing in the adult rat optic nerve and tract after intravitreal injection of MnDPDP using a semiautomatic segmentation technique. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. volum 27 (1).