Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Clinical factors associated with a short survival time after percutaneous nephrostomy for ureteric obstruction in cancer patients: An updated model. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 51 (2).
- (2016) Psychometric properties of the Arabic version of EORTC QLQ-C15-PAL among cancer patients in Jordan. Supportive Care in Cancer. vol. 24 (6).
- (2016) Long-Term Outcomes After ICU Admission Triage in Octogenarians. Critical Care Medicine.
- (2016) Assessment of the time-dependent need for stay in a high dependency unit (HDU) after major surgery by using data from an anesthesia information management system. Journal of clinical monitoring and computing. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) Human Genetic Variability Contributes to Postoperative Morphine Consumption. Journal of Pain. vol. 17 (5).
- (2016) Chronic postsurgical pain in patients 5 years after cardiac surgery: A prospective cohort study. European Journal of Pain.
- (2016) Developing quality indicators for physician-staffed emergency medical services: a consensus process. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine.
- (2016) Genetic variation and cognitive dysfunction in opioid-treated patients with cancer. Brain and Behavior. vol. 6 (7).
- (2016) Quality of life in patients with advanced cancer: Differential association with performance status and systemic inflammatory response. Journal of Clinical Oncology. vol. 34 (23).
- (2016) From "breakthrough" to "episodic" Cancer Pain? A European Association for Palliative Care Research Network Expert Delphi Survey Toward a Common Terminology and Classification of Transient Cancer Pain Exacerbations. Journal of Pain Symptom and Management. vol. 51 (6).
- (2016) Minimally invasive procedures for the management of vertebral bone pain due to cancer: The EAPC recommendations. Acta Oncologica. vol. 55 (2).
- (2016) Intracranial Pressure During Pressure Control and Pressure-Regulated Volume Control Ventilation in Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury: A Randomized Crossover trial. Neurocritical Care. vol. 24 (3).
- (2016) Bedside dressing changes for open abdomen in the intensive care unit is safe and time and staff efficient. Critical Care. vol. 20 (164).
- (2016) Open Abdomen Treated with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy: Indications, Management and Survival. World Journal of Surgery. vol. 41 (1).
- (2016) The rare Arg181Cys mutation in the μ opioid receptor can abolish opioid responses. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 60 (8).
- (2015) Long-term survival and quality of life after intensive care for patients 80 years of age or older. Annals of Intensive Care. vol. 5:13.
- (2015) Innate immune signalling genetics of pain, cognitive dysfunction and sickness symptoms in cancer pain patients treated with transdermal fentanyl. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:0137179 (9).
- (2015) Can variability in the effect of opioids on refractory breathlessness be explained by genetic factors?. BMJ Open. vol. 5 (5).
- (2015) Tromboelastography: variability and relation to conventional coagulation test in non-bleeding intensive care unit patients. BMC Anesthesiology. vol. 15 (28).
- (2015) Underestimation of patients breathlessness by nurses and physicians during a spontaneous breathing trial. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. vol. 192 (12).