Postal addressDepartment of Electronics and Telecommunications Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Per Gunnar Kjeldsberg
Background and activities
Please visit my home page by following the link to the left for details about me, my teaching and research.
Per Gunnar Kjeldsberg was born in Trondheim, Norway in 1966. He received his Sivilingeniør degree (MSc) in electrical engineering in 1992 from the Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH). In 2001 he received the degree of Doktor ingeniør (PhD) from the same institution (now Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU). Between 1992 and 1996 he worked as a design engineer at Eidsvoll Electronics AS, designing communication control equipment based on embedded HW/SW solutions. During his doctoral studies, he focused on storage requirement estimation and optimization for data intensive applications. The research was performed in close cooperation with imec, in Leuven, Belgium, where he was a visiting researcher for nine months in all. Kjeldsberg has published a number of conference and journal papers, and has been coauthor of two books in his fields of interest. Currently he is Professor at Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU. His research interests are embedded heterogeneous multi-processor systems, with a focus on multi-media and digital signal processing applications. Between October 2005 and June 2006, Kjeldsberg was a visiting researcher at University of California, Irvine, Center for Embedded Computer Systems. Between August 2012 and March 2013 he visited imec Netherlands at the Holst Centre in High Tech Campus, Eindhoven. Kjeldsberg has participated in several national and international research projects. He is project leader for the Horizon 2020 initiative on Energy Efficient Computing Systems, one of seven groups selected by NTNU to receive special support towards EU’s research program Horizon 2020. At NTNU he teaches several extensive undergraduate and graduate courses, and supervises a number of students at master and PhD level. Kjeldsberg is and has been a member of the board of directors both at the Faculty and in private companies. He is frequently used as reviewer for several international journals and conferences.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Realization of dynamical electronic systems. The European Physical Journal Conferences. volum 70.
- (2013) Performance and Power Efficiency Analysis of Data Reuse Transformation Methodology on Multicore Processor. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 7640.
- (2009) Scenario Based Mapping of Dynamic Applications on MPSoC: A 3D Graphics Case Study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 5657.
- (2009) Power Optimization of Parallel Multipliers in Systems with Variable Word-length. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 5349.
- (2008) Storage Estimation and Design Space Exploration Methodologies for the Memory Management of Signal Processing Applications. Journal of Signal Processing Systems. volum 53 (1-2).
- (2008) Guidance of Loop Ordering for Reduced Memory Usage in Signal Processing Applications. Journal of Signal Processing Systems. volum 53 (3).
- (2007) Switching Activity Reduction of MAC-Based FIR Filters with Correlated Input Data. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 4644.
- (2007) Incremental hierarchical memory size estimation for steering of loop transformations. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems. volum 12 (4).
- (2007) Bit-Width Constrained Memory Hierarchy Optimization for Real-Time Video Systems. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems. volum 26 (4).
- (2006) Destructive-Read in Embedded DRAM, Impact on Power Consumption. Journal of Embedded Computing.
- (2006) Polyhedral space generation and memory estimation from interface and memory models of real-time video systems. Journal of Systems and Software. volum 79 (2).
- (2004) Storage requirement estimation for optimized design of data intensive applications. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems. volum 9.
- (2003) STOREQ: STOrage REQuirement Estimation and Optimization tool for Data Intensive Applications. ERCIM News. volum 52 (January 2003).
- (2003) Data Dependency Size Estimation for Use in Memory Optimization. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems. volum 22 (7).
- (2001) Data and Memory Optimization Techniques for Embedded Systems. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems. volum 6 (2).
- (1998) En introduksjon til codesign: Hva, hvordan og hvorfor?. Elektronikk : tidsskrift for IT og telekom. volum 12/98.
- (2002) Data Access and Storage Management for Embedded Programmable Processors. 2002. ISBN 0-7923-7689-7.
Part of book/report
- (2012) Memory-Aware System Scenario Approach Energy Impact. Proceedings of the 30th Norchip Conference, NORCHIP12.
- (2012) Identifying Data-Dependent System Scenarios in a Dynamic Embedded System. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 2012 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENGINEERING OF RECONFIGURABLE SYSTEMS & ALGORITHMS.
- (2011) Security Electronics. A Multidisciplinary Introduction to Information Security.