Postal addressDepartment of Physics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Energy Physics
- Electro-kinetic Flow Theory
- Computational Physics
- Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Simulation
- PEM Fuel Cells, Nanofluidic Diodes, Nanobubbles in Water Electrolysis
My research has been supported by various sources of public and industry funding. I collaborate with researchers in Canada, Japan, Germany and the UK.
See Personal Web Site (link on the left side) for a complete list of publications, presentations, supervisory activities.
- Use of tablet computer in the classroom
- Incorporation of computational physics into the curriculum: www.numfys.net
- Courses taught: Calculus II, Calculus III, Mathematical Modelling, Physics I, Physics II, Physics and Geophysics, Mechanics I, Mechanics II, Fluid Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics I, Quantum Mechanics II, Hydrogen and Fuel Cells, Introductory Energy Science, Introductory Environment Science
- Program Director, BSc and MSc in Physics, NTNU (2013-)
- Member, Teaching Committee, Dept. of Physics, NTNU (2013-)
- Member, Teaching Committee, NT Faculty, NTNU (2013-)
- Member, Outreach Committee, Dept. of Physics, NTNU (2013-)
- Program Director, Physics, UOIT (2011-2012)
- Director, Energy and the Environment program in physics, UOIT (2009-2012)
- Member, Finance and Audit Committee, UOIT (2006-2009)
- Member, UOIT Board of Governors (2006-2009)
Membership in Scientific Societies
- APS (American Physical Soc.) - life-time member
- DPG (Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft)
- ECS (The Electrochemical Society)
- Over 30 media contributions, including newspapers (op-ed), magazines, radio and TV
- Numerous public talks and presentations to public and private organizations, mainly about energy and environmental issues; several are available on the internet (e.g. TEDx)
- Author of the book The Finite Planet (CreateSpace, 2011)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Analysis of ultimate fossil fuel reserves and associated CO2 emissions in IPCC scenarios. Natural Resources Research. volum 23.
- (2013) Modeling, shape analysis and computation of the equilibrium pore shape near a PEM-PEM intersection. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. volum 410.
- (2013) Analytical Description of a Dead Spot in a PEM Fuel Cell Anode. ECS Electrochemistry Letters. volum 2 (9).
- (2013) Numerical analysis of transient processes in molten carbonate fuel cells via impedance perturbations. Journal of Power Sources. volum 231.
- (2013) Homogenization of a basic catalyst layer model for general pore geometries in fuel cells. Applied Mathematics Research eXpress. volum 2013 (1).