Postal addressDepartment of Economics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Political foundations of the resource curse: A simplification and a comment. Journal of Development Economics. volum 106.
- (2013) Why do voters dismantle checks and balances?. The Review of Economic Studies. volum 80 (3).
- (2012) Overconfidence, monetary policy committees and chairman dominance. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. volum 81 (2).
- (2011) When is Democracy an Equilibrium? Theory and Evidence from Colombia’s La Violencia. Journal of Conflict Resolution. volum 55 (3).
- (2009) A political economy theory of the soft budget constraint. European Economic Review. volum 53 (7).
- (2009) The Real Swing Voter's Curse. The American Economic Review. volum 99 (2).
- (2009) Why do some resource-abundant countries succeed while others do not?. Oxford review of economic policy. volum 25 (2).
- (2007) Savers, Spenders and Fiscal Policy in a Small Open Economy. The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics. volum 7 (1).
- (2006) Cursed by Resources or Institutions?. The World Economy.
- (2006) Poverty and crime in 19th century Germany. Journal of Urban Economics. volum 59.
- (2006) Institutions and the resource curse. Economic Journal. volum 116.
- (2006) Political foundations of the resource curse. Journal of Development Economics. volum 79.
- (2006) A Theory of Civil Conflict and Democracy in Rentier States. The Scandinavian Journal of Economics. volum 108 (4).
- (2006) Should Inflation-Targeting Central Banks Care about Traded and Non-Traded Sectors?. IUP Journal of Bank Management. volum 1.
- (2005) Monetary policy rules and the exchange rate channel. Applied Financial Economics. volum 15.
- (2005) Optimal Dutch disease. Journal of Development Economics. volum 78 (2).
- (2005) Monetary Policy Rules and The Exchange Rate Channel. Applied Financial Economics. volum 16 (15).
- (2005) Crime induced poverty traps. Journal of Development Economics. volum 77.
- (2005) White elephants. Journal of Public Economics. volum 89.
- (2004) Exhange rate versus inflation targetin: a theory of output fluctuations in traded and no-traded sectors. Journal of International Trade and Economic Development. volum 13 (3).