Background and activities
Biology (VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1980 MSc); Information Retrieval in Science (GO-C, The Hague, the Netherlands, 1984 MSc)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Systematic content evaluation and review of measurement properties of questionnaires for measuring self-reported fatigue among older people. Quality of Life Research. vol. 24 (9).
- (2014) Computer-Based Clinical Decision Support Systems and Patient-Reported Outcomes: A Systematic Review. Patient.
- (2014) The case for duraplasty in adults undergoing posterior fossa decompression for Chiari I malformation: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Clinical neurology and neurosurgery (Dutch-Flemish ed. Print). vol. 125.
- (2014) Registrering av subjektive symptomer ved lymfødem: Finnes det et spørreskjema med gode måleegenskaper? :. Fysioterapeuten. vol. 81 (4).
- (2014) Long- or short-acting opioids for chronic non-malignant pain? A qualitative systematic review. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. vol. 58 (4).
- (2013) Effect of physical exercise on muscle mass and strength in cancer patients during treatment : A systematic review. Critical reviews in oncology/hematology. vol. 88 (3).
- (2013) Clinical tools to assess balance in children and adults with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 55 (11).
- (2013) Strength training and aerobic exercise training for muscle disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- (2012) Physical and psychosocial benefits of yoga in cancer patients and survivors, a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. BMC Cancer. vol. 12.
- (2012) Self-monitoring of blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who are not using insulin. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- (2012) Physical activity monitoring by use of accelerometer-based body-worn sensors in older adults: A systematic literature review of current knowledge and applications. Maturitas. vol. 71 (1).
- (2012) 18F-fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography in assessment of myeloma-related bone disease: A systematic review. Cancer. vol. 118 (8).
- (2012) Alprazolam for depression. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- (2011) Perceived barriers and facilitators for general practitioner-patient communication in palliative care: A systematic review. Palliative Medicine : A Multiprofessional Journal. vol. 25 (6).
- (2011) Sentinel-lymph-node procedure in colon and rectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet Oncology. vol. 12 (6).
- (2011) Effectiveness of prevention programmes for hand dermatitis: a systematic review of the literature. Contact Dermatitis. vol. 64 (2).
- (2010) Are workplace interventions to reduce sitting effective? A systematic review. Preventive Medicine. vol. 51 (5).
- (2010) Ethical and practical concerns of surveillance technologies in residential care for people with dementia or intellectual disabilities: an overview of the literature. International psychogeriatrics. vol. 22 (7).
- (2010) Meta-analysis of progression-free survival upon interim FDG PET results during first line chemotherapy in Hodgkin's Disease (HD). European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. vol. 37.
- (2010) Physical examination for lumbar radiculopathy due to disc herniation in patients with low-back pain. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.