Background and activities
Dr univ medicine 1990 in Vienna. Specialisttraining and exam FCOGSA (Fellow of College of OBstetricians and Gynecologist , South Africa) in 1999.
Joined the gynecological department at St Olav Hospital in 2001, since 2004 working as a consultant at the unit for general gynecology at St Olav Hospital in Trondheim.
Main intrest: Minimally invasive general gynecological procedures (laparoscopy , hysterescopy), vulva diseases and female sexual problems.Also active in connection with female genital mutilation.
My research subject is sexal function og both partner and woman after hysterectomies and pelvic floor surgery.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Diagnosing sexual dysfunction in men and women: sexual history taking and the role of symptom scales and questionnaires. Journal of Sexual Medicine. vol. 13 (8).
- (2015) Kirurgi for bekkenbunnsdysfunksjon. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 21.
- (2014) Effects of Hysterectomy on Sexual Function. Current Sexual Health Reports.
- (2014) Male sexual function and pelvic floor surgery of their female partner: A one-year follow-up study. Post Reproductive Health. vol. 20 (2).
- (2014) Self- reported pelvic organ prolapse surgery, prevalence, and nonobstetric risk factors: findings from the Nord Trøndelag Health Study. International Urogynecology Journal.
- (2014) Sexual Function in the Late Postmenopause: A Decade of Follow-Up in a Population-Based Cohort of Australian Women. Journal of Sexual Medicine. vol. 11 (8).
- (2014) Self-reported pelvic organ prolapse surgery, prevalence, and nonobstetric risk factors: findings from the Nord Trøndelag Health Study. International Urogynecology Journal. vol. 26 (3).
- (2013) What predicts improvement of sexual function after pelvic floor surgery? A follow-up study. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 92 (11).
- (2012) Sexual function of partners to women with pelvic floor dysfunction. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 91.
- (2012) MALE SEXUALITY AND PELVIC FLOOR SURGERY OF THEIR FEMALE PARTNER: A ONE YEAR FOLLOW UP STUDY. Journal of Sexual Medicine. vol. 9 (supp. 5).
- (2012) MAle sexuality and pelvic floor surgery of the female partner: a one year follow up study. Journal of Sexual Medicine. vol. 9.