Background and activities
Area of interest
- Sustainable buildings and infrastructure
- Environmental Impact Assessment (LCA, MFA, BREEAM)
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Building and Construction Masterials
- TBA 4171 Building and Material Engineering, advanced course
- TBA 4859 Powerhouse
- BA 8107 Sustainable infrastructure
- Tutoring of project (9.semester) and mastertheses (10.semester)
Examples of masters theses:
- A path to BIM-based LCA for whole buildings (2011)
- Life Cyle Asessment of an Active House (2012)
- Investigating the "CO2" premium for Building Height (2015)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) An Analysis of the Most Adopted Rating Systems for Assessing the Environmental Impact of Buildings. Sustainability. vol. 9 (7).
- (2016) A global overview of residential building energy consumption in eight climate zones. International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Exploring the CO2-Impact for Building Height; A Study on Technical Building Installations. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2016) Impact of urban density and building height on energy use in cities. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2016) High-Rise Timber Buildings as a Climate Change Mitigation Measure - A Comparative LCA of Structural System Alternatives. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
- (2015) Evaluating Sustainability of Building Projects in Urban Planning. Procedia Economics and Finance. vol. 21.
- (2015) Environmental impact of drill and blast tunnelling: life cycle assessment. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 86.
- (2015) Life cycle assessment of Norwegian road tunnel. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment. vol. 20 (2).
- (2015) Shelter and residential building energy consumption within the 450 ppm CO2eq constraints in different climate zones. Energy. vol. 90 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Embodied Energy Versus Building Height, The “Premium” of Building Tall. Proceedings of World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong. Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action. WSBE17.
- (2017) High-Performance Nano Insulation Materials for Energy-Efficient Buildings. Proceedings of TechConnect World Innovation Conference 2017.
- (2017) Sustainability of Building Projects in Urban Planning - A New Evaluation Model. Proceedings of the 9th Nordic Conference on Construction Economics and Organization.
- (2014) Barriers for Deconstruction and Reuse/Recycling of Construction Materials in Norway. Barriers for Deconstruction and Reuse/Recycling of Construction Materials.
- (2014) Environmental impact assessment of fire retardant treated wood used in exterior claddings. Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Durability of Building Materials and Components, São Paulo, Brazil, 2-5 September, 2014.
- (2014) A Norwegian ZEB-definition embodied emission. 2014. ISBN 978-82-536-1398-7. ZEB Project report (17).