Background and activities
- Model-driven service and systems engineering
- Systems engineering methodology
- Software design for real time systems
Reserach group: networked systems
Personal web page: Rolv Bræk
Professor at NTNU in in Systems development since 2000
Adjunct Research Scientist Ericsson Norwegian Advanced Research Centre,2001 – 2002
Adjunct Professor at NTNU in Systems Development 1996-2000
Principal Research Scientist at SINTEF 1987 - 2000
Adjunct Professor at NTH in Systems Development 1988 - 1993
Acting Director of Research at ELAB 1987 - 1989 .
Research scientist at ELAB 1985 - 1987 .
Research fellowship from the Royal Norwegian Council for Scientific and Industrial Research 1984 - 1985
Research scientist at ELAB 1979 - 1984 .
Head of the Teletraffic Group at ELAB (3 year assignment) 1976 - 1979
Research scientist at ELAB 1974 - 1976
Assistant Professor at NTH 1973 - 1974
Scientific Assistant at NTH 1970 - 1973
Research scientist at ELAB 1969 - 1970
Scientific Assistant at NTH 1968 - 1969
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Modular solutions to common design problems using activities and the interface-modular method. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9959 LNCS.
- (2015) The interface-modular method for global system behaviour specification. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 580.
- (2013) On Properties of Modeling Approaches. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1076.
- (2013) On the realizability of collaborative services. Software & Systems Modeling. vol. 12 (3).
- (2013) On Deriving Detailed Component Design from High-Level Service Specification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7744.
- (2012) Session Initiation as a Service. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7083.
- (2012) Comparing Six Modeling Approaches. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7167.
- (2011) From Flow-Global Choreography to Component Types. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6598.
- (2011) A Model-Driven Framework for Component-based Development. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7083.
- (2011) Unified Modeling of Service Logic with User Interfaces. International journal of intelligent and cooperative information systems. vol. 20 (2).
- (2011) Scenario based techno-business analysis of service platforms and their service portfolios. Telecommunications Systems. vol. 46 (2).
- (2009) Compositional Service Engineering with Arctis. Telektronikk. vol. 105 (1.2009).
- (2007) Synthesizing Components with Sessions from Collaboration-Oriented Service Specifications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2006) Aligning UML 2.0 State Machines and Temporal Logic for the Efficient Execution of Services. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 4276.
- (2006) A Policy-driven Approach to Dynamic Composition of Authentication and Authorization Patterns and Services. Journal of Computers. vol. 1 (8).
- (2006) Formalizing Collaboration Goal Sequences for Service Choreography. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 4229.
- (2005) Dynamic Role Binding in a Service Oriented Architecture. IFIP International Federation for Information Processing. vol. 190.
- (2005) ICT convergence: Modeling issues. Lecture Notes in Computer Science = Lecture notes in artificial intelligence. vol. 3319.
- (2005) A compositional approach to service validation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 3530.
- (2005) Using UML 2.0 Collaborations for Compositional Service Specification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 3713.