Background and activities
I am PhD candidate at the department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, and my main supervisor is Øyvind Halaas. I am working in close collaboration with the translational and regenerative neuroscience research group of Ioanna and Axel Sandvig. My project is funded through NTNU enabling technologies and Norfab.
The aim of my project is to develop a microfluidic chip that allows high spatial and temporal control of neuronal cells and their chemical environment. The microfluidic chip will be employed, in a neuroscientific setting, with the objective to study neural network formation, axon outgrowth and axon guidance mechanisms. Furthermore, in the next stage of my project microelectrode arrays will be integrated into the surface of the microfluidic chip. Apart from its use as a study platform for neuroscience, the advanced chip will be applied as a brain-machine interface for the NTNU’s Cyborg project.
- Master in bioelectronics and nanotechnology; Hasselt University, Hasselt BE
- Bachelor in medical technology, Biometrics; Zuyd University of applied sciences, Heerlen NL
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Lager krysning mellom menneske og maskin. NRK Trøndelag online [Internett]. 2017-03-07.
- (2017) NTNU skal lage en ekte Kyborg. Adresseavisen online [Internett]. 2017-03-08.
- (2017) Forskere ved NTNU utvikler en robot som skal styres av levende hjerneceller. Teknisk Ukeblad online [Internett]. 2017-03-07.
- (2017) I, Cyborg. Gemini online [Internett]. 2017-04-04.
- (2017) Jeg, Kyborg. Gemini online [Internett]. 2017-03-07.
- (2017) Denne roboten blir styrt av levende hjerneceller. forskning.no online [Internett]. 2017-03-07.
- (2016) Directional Architectured Modular Neuronal Network. Christmas workshop . Ioanna and Axel Sandvig; NTNU. 2016-12-16 - 2016-12-16.
- (2016) Spontaneous neural stem cell differentiation in a microfluidic chip. FENS Forum 2016 . FENS/The Danish Neuroscience Society; Copenhagen. 2016-07-02 - 2016-07-06.
- (2016) Structuring modular neuronal networks in a compartmentalized microenvironment. National PhD conference NRSN . NRSN; Hurdal. 2016-09-21 - 2016-09-23.
- (2016) Structuring modular neuronal networks in a compartmentalized microenvironment. 7th annual Nanonetwork workshop . Nanonetwork; Trondheim. 2016-06-13 - 2016-06-16.