Background and activities
Scientific publications - Signe Kjelstrup
Publications in international, refereed journals
Complex formations in Alkali-Aluminium Fluoride Melts, lic.techn. thesis, 1974
On the Energetics of Coupled Transport Processes, dr.techn. thesis, 1982,
publised in Kgl. Norske Vidensk. Selsk. Skr. 6 (1982) 1-157
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics of heterogeneous systems
With Dick Bedeaux, Series on Advances in Statistical Mechanics, Vol.16, World Scientific, 2008
Elements of Irreversible Thermodynamics for Engineers,
With Dick Bedeaux
Int. Center of Applied Thermodynamics, Istanbul, Turkey, 2000.
ISBN: 975-97568-1-1 Amazone.com
2. revised edition With Dick Bedeaux and Eivind Johannessen, Tapir Akademiske forlag, 2006
Irreversible thermodynamics. Theory and Applications. Wiley, Chichester, 1988
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland
translated to Japanese by Y. Ito, T. Ikeshoji, Y.Tomii and T. Okada, published 1992 (Omsha)
2. reprint by Wiley 1994, 3. reprint by Tapir 2001
translated to Chinese by Q.Xu, printed by Metallurgical Press of China 2001
With Morten Helbaek, Fagbokforlaget, Bergen, 2006
Physical Chemistry Laboratory Course, Tapir, 1992
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland , revised 1996
with Astrid Lund Ramstad, Tapir 2000, revised 2002, revised 2007
Tormod Førland 60 år. A collection of Papers Dedicated to professor Tormod Førland on his 60th Birthday, S.Kjelstrup Ratkje and B.Hafskjold, eds., Institutt for fysikalsk kjemi og uorganisk kjemi, Norges Tekniske Høgskole, Trondheim, NTH, 1981
NTVA Symposium Series: Lars Onsager. First International Onsager Symposium, NTH, Norway, June 1993
Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Ratkje, S.K. eds.
Onsager Collected Works, Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Kjelstrup Ratkje, S., eds. World Scientific, 1996
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Exploring the potential for waste heat recovery during metal casting With thermoelectric generators: On-site experiments and mathematical modelling. Energy.
- (2016) Influence of electrode gas flow rate and electrolyte composition on thermoelectric power in molten carbonate thermocell. ECS Transactions. vol. 75 (15).
- (2016) Computing properties of the hydrogen dissociation reaction in and away from equilibrium. Molecular Simulation. vol. 42 (16).
- (2016) The Nasal Geometry of the Reindeer Gives Energy-Efficient Respiration. Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics.
- (2016) Enhancing the understanding of heat and mass transport through a cellulose acetate membrane for CO2 separation. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 513.
- (2016) Entropy production in mesoscopic stochastic thermodynamics: Nonequilibrium kinetic cycles driven by chemical potentials, temperatures, and mechanical forces. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 28 (15).
- (2016) Heat transport through a solid-solid junction: the interface as an autonomous thermodynamic system. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 18 (20).
- (2016) Coherent description of transport across the water interface: From nanodroplets to climate models. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. vol. 39.
- (2016) The Permselectivity and Water Transference Number of Ion Exchange Membranes in Reverse Electrodialysis. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 523.
- (2015) Seebeck coefficients of cells with lithium carbonate and gas electrodes. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 182.
- (2015) Exergy based efficiency indicators for the silicon furnace. Energy. vol. 90.
- (2015) Efficiency of electrochemical gas compression, pumping and power generation in membranes. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 478.
- (2015) The temperature jump at a growing ice-water interface. Chemical Physics Letters. vol. 622.
- (2015) Seebeck coefficients of cells with molten carbonates relevant for the metallurgical industry. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 182.
- (2015) A thermodynamic metric for assessing sustainable use of natural resources. International Journal of Thermodynamics. vol. 18 (1).
- (2015) Michaelis-Menten kinetics under non-isothermal conditions. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 17 (2).
- (2015) Graphene coatings for chemotherapy: avoiding silver-mediated degradation. 2D materials. vol. 2 (2).
- (2015) Diffusion of Heat and Mass in a Chemically Reacting Mixture away from Equilibrium. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 119 (23).
- (2015) Calculation of the chemical potential and the activity coefficient of two layers of CO2 adsorbed on a graphite surface. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 17 (2).
- (2015) A procedure to find thermodynamic equilibrium constants for CO2 and CH4 adsorption on activated carbon. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 17 (12).