Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
MD, University of Trondheim, 1985
Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Tromsø, 1990
PhD Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 1997
Effects and consequences of screening and health check-ups
Osteoporosis and fractures
Public health topics, nutrition, life-style
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Når apotekene vil teste deg. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- (2013) Low Serum Levels of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Predict Hip Fracture in the Elderly: A NOREPOS Study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. volum 98 (8).
- (2013) A prospective population-based cohort study of lactation and cardiovascular disease mortality: the HUNT study. BMC Public Health.
- (2013) Changing patterns of cytomegalovirus seroprevalence among pregnant women in Norway between 1995 and 2009 examined in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study and two cohorts from Sør-Trøndelag County: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. volum 3.
- (2013) Gender differences in all-cause mortality following first hip fracture in 81,867 Norwegian women and men: The Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies. Osteoporosis International. volum 24.
- (2013) Ten-year risk of second hip fracture. A NOREPOS study. Bone. volum 52 (1).
- (2013) Does thyroid function influence fracture risk? Prospective data from the HUNT2 study, Norway. European Journal of Endocrinology. volum 169.
- (2012) Excess mortality after hip fracture among elderly women in Norway : The HUNT study. Osteoporosis International. volum 23 (6).
- (2012) Physical activity, body mass index and bone mineral density-associations in a prospective population-based cohort of women and men: The Canadian Multicentre Osteoporosis Study (CaMos). Bone. volum 50 (1).
- (2012) Maternal recall of breastfeeding duration twenty years after delivery. BMC Medical Research Methodology. volum 12 (179).
- (2012) Lactation and cardiovascular risk factors in a population-based study: the HUNT-study. International Breastfeeding Journal. volum 7 (8).
- (2012) Hip fractures in Norway 1999-2008: time trends in total incidence and second hip fracture rates. A NOREPOS study. European Journal of Epidemiology. volum 27 (10).
- (2012) Risk categorisation through standard deviations - the challenge of bone density measurements: A focus group study among women attending the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Health, Risk and Society. volum 14 (2).
- (2012) Could screening participation bias symptom interpretation? An interview study on women's interpretations of and responses to cancer symptoms between mammography screening rounds. BMJ Open. volum 2 (6).
- (2012) Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer. Social Science and Medicine. volum 75 (10).
- (2011) Increased circulating hepatocyte growth factor (HGF): a marker of epithelial ovarian cancer and an indicator of poor prognosis. Gynecologic Oncology. volum 121 (2).
- (2011) BMD and Breast Cancer Risk: A Positive Association in Women ≥50 Years and a Negative in Women <50 Years? The HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. volum 26.
- (2011) Hip fracture incidence in Norway 1999-2008. Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. volum 21.
- (2011) A low COMT activity haplotype is associated with recurrent preeclampsia in a Norwegian population cohort (HUNT2). Molecular human reproduction. volum 17 (7).
- (2011) Experiences of Recall After Mammography Screening-A Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. volum 32 (11).