Background and activities
Head of Department since 2013
Medical doctor, experienced in gynaecology&obstetrics and general practice. Professor of Public Health
MD, University of Trondheim, 1985
Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Tromsø, 1990
PhD Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 1997
Effects and consequences of screening and health check-ups
Osteoporosis and fractures
Public health topics, nutrition, life-style
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Screening er et etisk dilemma. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- (2014) Is there an association between disease ignorance and self-rated health? The HUNT Study, a cross-sectional survey. BMJ Open. vol. 4 (5).
- (2014) Mortality following the first hip fracture in Norwegian women and men (1999-2008): A NOREPOS study. Bone. vol. 63.
- (2014) Impact of comorbidity, age, and gender on seasonal variation in hip fracture incidence. A NOREPOS study. Archives of Osteoporosis. vol. 9.
- (2013) Når apotekene vil teste deg. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- (2013) Bone mass density, fracture history, self-reported osteoporosis as proxy variables for estrogen and the risk of non-small-cell lung cancer : a population based cohort study, the HUNT study: are proxy variables friends or faults?. Lung Cancer. vol. 81 (1).
- (2013) Low Serum Levels of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Predict Hip Fracture in the Elderly: A NOREPOS Study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 98 (8).
- (2013) A prospective population-based cohort study of lactation and cardiovascular disease mortality: the HUNT study. BMC Public Health. vol. 13.
- (2013) Changing patterns of cytomegalovirus seroprevalence among pregnant women in Norway between 1995 and 2009 examined in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study and two cohorts from Sør-Trøndelag County: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. vol. 3.
- (2013) GENDER DIFFERENCES IN ALL-CAUSE MORTALITY FOLLOWING FIRST HIP FRACTURE IN 81,867 NORWEGIAN WOMEN AND MEN: THE NORWEGIAN EPIDEMIOLOGIC OSTEOPOROSIS STUDIES. Osteoporosis International. vol. 24.
- (2013) Ten-year risk of second hip fracture. A NOREPOS study. Bone. vol. 52 (1).
- (2013) Does thyroid function influence fracture risk? Prospective data from the HUNT2 study, Norway. European Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 169 (6).
- (2012) Excess mortality after hip fracture among elderly women in Norway : The HUNT study. Osteoporosis International. vol. 23 (6).
- (2012) Physical activity, body mass index and bone mineral density-associations in a prospective population-based cohort of women and men: The Canadian Multicentre Osteoporosis Study (CaMos). Bone. vol. 50 (1).
- (2012) Maternal recall of breastfeeding duration twenty years after delivery. BMC Medical Research Methodology. vol. 12 (179).
- (2012) Lactation and cardiovascular risk factors in a population-based study: the HUNT-study. International Breastfeeding Journal. vol. 7 (8).
- (2012) Hip fractures in Norway 1999-2008: time trends in total incidence and second hip fracture rates. A NOREPOS study. European Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 27 (10).
- (2012) Risk categorisation through standard deviations - the challenge of bone density measurements: A focus group study among women attending the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Health, Risk and Society. vol. 14 (2).
- (2012) Could screening participation bias symptom interpretation? An interview study on women's interpretations of and responses to cancer symptoms between mammography screening rounds. BMJ Open. vol. 2 (6).
- (2012) Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer. Social Science and Medicine. vol. 75 (10).
- (2011) Increased circulating hepatocyte growth factor (HGF): a marker of epithelial ovarian cancer and an indicator of poor prognosis. Gynecologic Oncology. vol. 121 (2).
- (2011) A low COMT activity haplotype is associated with recurrent preeclampsia in a Norwegian population cohort (HUNT2). Molecular human reproduction. vol. 17 (7).
- (2011) Experiences of Recall After Mammography Screening-A Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. vol. 32 (11).
- (2011) The association between depressive and anxiety symptoms and bone mineral density in the general population: The HUNT Study. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 131 (1-3).
- (2010) STOX2 but not STOX1 is differently expressed in preeclampstic decidua from Norwegian women: data from the Second Nord-Trondelag Health Study. Molecular human reproduction. vol. 16 (12).
- (2010) Genetic and molecular functional characterization of variants within TNFSF13B, a positional candidate preeclampsia susceptibility gene on 13q. PLoS ONE. vol. 5 (9).
- (2010) Type 2 diabetes and self-reported hip and forearm fractures in women and the role of bone mineral density: the HUNT study. Osteoporosis International. vol. 21.
- (2010) Incidence and seasonal variation in hip fracture incidence among elderly women in Norway. The HUNT Study. Bone. vol. 46 (5).
- (2009) The ERAP2 gene is associated with preeclampsia in Australian and Norwegian populations. Human Genetics. vol. 126 (5).
- (2009) Genetic association of preeclampsia to the inflammatory response gene SEPS1. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 198 (3).
- (2009) Pre-eclampsia susceptibility regions on chromosomes 5q and 13q confirmed in a large Norwegian population-based study. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. vol. 107S2.
- (2009) Association between the candidate suscetptibility gene ACVR2A on chromosome 2q22 and pre-eclampsia in a large Norwegian population-based study (the HUNT study). European Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 17.
- (2009) Past and current weight change and forearm bone loss in middle-aged women: the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Menopause. vol. 16 (6).