Background and activities
Stein Ove Erikstad (1965) is a professor in marine technology at the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology (IVT). Hei is also the Vice Dean for Education at the IVT Faculty.
- Ship and Transport System Design
- Decision Support System for Ship Design
- Sustainable Ship Design
- TMR4115 Design Methods
- TMR4105 Marine Technology 1 - Marine Design Fundamentals
- MR8100 Theory for Design (PhD)
- TMR21 Sustainable Ship Design and Operation (3.75 module)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Emission allocation issues in repositioning transportation. International Journal of Sustainable Transportation. vol. 10 (4).
- (2015) Optimized selection of vessel air emission controls—moving beyond cost-efficiency. Maritime Policy & Management. vol. 42 (4).
- (2015) Assessing air emissions for uncertain life-cycle scenarios via responsive systems comparison method. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 229 (4).
- (2015) Optimization of diesel electric machinery system configuration in conceptual ship design. Journal of Marine Science and Technology. vol. 20 (3).
- (2015) Rational scheme designs for emission allocation in container shipping. WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs (JoMA). vol. 14 (1).
- (2014) Concurrent design of vessel machinery system and air emission controls to meet future air emissions regulations. Ocean Engineering. vol. 84.
- (2014) A Decision-based Design Approach for Ships Operating in Open Water and Ice. Journal of Ship Production and Design. vol. 30 (3).
- (2013) Planning vessel air emission regulations compliance under uncertainty. Journal of Marine Science and Technology. vol. 18 (3).
- (2013) Emission allocation problems in the maritime logistics chain. EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics. vol. 3 (1).
- (2012) Optimized selection of air emission controls for vessels. Maritime Policy & Management. vol. 39 (4).
- (2012) Decision Support Framework for Exploiting Northern Sea Route Transport Opportunities. Ship Technology Research. vol. 59 (2).
- (2012) HANDLING TEMPORAL COMPLEXITY IN THE DESIGN OF NON-TRANSPORT SHIPS USING EPOCH-ERA ANALYSIS. International Journal of Maritime Engineering. vol. 154.
- (2012) Addressing Complexity Aspects in Conceptual Ship Design - A Systems Engineering Approach. Journal of Ship Production and Design. vol. 28 (4).
- (2012) Applications in ship and floating structure design and analysis. Computer-Aided Design. vol. 44 (3).
- (2012) Challenges in computer applications for ship and floating structure design and analysis. Computer-Aided Design. vol. 44 (3).
- (2011) A ship design and deployment model for non-cargo vessels using contract scenarios. Ship Technology Research. vol. 58 (3).
- (2010) A Decision support Model for Minimising Sloshing Risk in LNG Discharge Operations. Ship Technology Research. vol. 57 (3).
- (2007) Efficient Exploitation of Existing Corporate Knowledge in conceptual Ship Design. Ship Technology Research. vol. 54 (4).
- (2001) Optimized selection of vessel air emission controls – moving beyond cost-efficiency. Maritime Policy & Management.
- (1995) Integrating Robustness into Multiobjective Space Vehicle Design Process. Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics. vol. 18 (5).
- (1995) Experimental Satellite Trajectory Analysis Using Decision-Based Robust Design. Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics. vol. 18 (5).
- (2009) Proceedings of the 10th International Marine Design Conference. 2009. ISBN 9788251924382.
Part of book/report
- (2012) System Based Design of Offshore Support Vessels. Proceedings 11th International Marine Design Conference - IMDC2012.