Postal addressDepartment of Civil and Transport Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Computational Geotechnics, in particular constitutive modeling of soil. Numerical modeling for geotechnical design. Applications of geomechanical modeling related to Geohazards.
- TBA4100 Geotechnics and geology - Introductory course
- TBA4116 Geotechnical Engineering - Advanced course
- BA8304 Soil Modelling - Post graduate course, a one week course 2010,2012...
- BA8305 Geodynamics - Post graduate course, a one week course 2011,2013...
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Experimental study of strain localization in sensitive clays. Acta Geotechnica. volum 9 (2).
- (2013) Micro-level investigation of the in situ shear vane failure geometry in sensitive clay. Geotechnique. volum 63 (14).
- (2013) Microstructural observations of shear zones in sensitive clay. Engineering Geology. volum 163.
- (2013) Soil deformation around a penetrating cone in silt. Geotechnique Letters. volum 3.
- (2011) Use and misuse of the isotache concept with respect to creep hypotheses A and B. Geotechnique. volum LXI (10).
- (2011) Pragmatic Approach for Estimation of Slope Capacity in Soft Sensitive Clay. Electronic journal of geotechnical engineering. volum 16/F.
- (2010) Modeling creep and rate effects in structured anisotropic soft clays. Acta Geotechnica. volum 5 (1).
- (2006) Rate dependent elastoplastic deformation of shear band in sensitive clays. Electronic journal of geotechnical engineering. volum 10.
- (2006) Ground settlement and wall deformation from a large scale model test on a single strutted sheet pile wall in sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics.
- (2006) Phenomenological issues related to strain localization in sensitive clays. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering. volum 24.
- (2005) International Centre for Geohazards (ICG): Assessment, prevention and mitigation og geohazards. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. volum 85 (1&2).
- (1999) Dynamic instability of clays; An energy approach. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. volum 18.
- (2010) NUMGE 2010, Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering. CRC Press. 2010. ISBN 978-0-415-59239-0.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Misconceptions about experimental substantiation of creep hypothesis A. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering - Challenges and Innovations in Geotechnics.
- (2013) Misconceptions about experimental substantion of creep hypotheis A. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering - Challenges and Innovations in Geotechnics.
- (2013) Global failure pattern around a penetrating coned tip by X-ray micro tomography and digital volume correlation. Tomography of Materials and Structures.
- (2013) On the geometry of plastic potential surfaces and isochoric stress paths. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering - Challenges and Innovations in Geotechnics.
- (2013) On Shear-Volume Coupling in Deformation of Soils. Constitutive Modeling of Geomaterials. Advances and New Applications..
- (2012) Interpretation of consolidation parameters from CPTU results in sensitive clays. Geotechnical and Geophysical Site Characterization 4.
- (2012) Failure geometry around a shear vane in sensitive clay. NGM 2012. Proc of the 16th Nordic Geotechnical Meeting.