Background and activities
- Computational Geotechnics, in particular constitutive modeling of soil. Numerical modeling for geotechnical design. Applications of geomechanical modeling related to Geohazards.
- TBA4100 Geotechnics and geology - Introductory course
- TBA4116 Geotechnical Engineering - Advanced course
- BA8304 Soil Modelling - Post graduate course, a one week course 2014,2016...
- BA8305 Geodynamics - Post graduate course, a one or two weeks course 2015,2017...
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Adaptive isogeometric finite element analysis of steady-state groundwater flow. International journal for numerical and analytical methods in geomechanics (Print). vol. 40.
- (2016) Discussion of ‘Soil creep effects on ground lateral deformation and pore water pressure under embankments’. Geomechanics and Geoengineering. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Microscopy Techniques for Viewing the Inner Structure of Shear Bands in Sensitive Clays. ASTM geotechnical testing journal. vol. 39 (4).
- (2016) Impact vibration test of monopile foundation model in dry sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics. vol. 16 (2).
- (2015) Long-term-effect of potassium chloride treatment on improving the soil behavior of highly sensitive clay – Ulvensplitten, Norway. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 52.
- (2015) Microstructural study of deformation zones during cone penetration in silt at variable penetration rates. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 52 (12).
- (2014) Experimental study of strain localization in sensitive clays. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 9 (2).
- (2013) Micro-level investigation of the in situ shear vane failure geometry in sensitive clay. Geotechnique. vol. 63 (14).
- (2013) Microstructural observations of shear zones in sensitive clay. Engineering Geology. vol. 163.
- (2013) Soil deformation around a penetrating cone in silt. Geotechnique Letters. vol. 3.
- (2011) Use and misuse of the isotache concept with respect to creep hypotheses A and B. Geotechnique. vol. LXI (10).
- (2011) Pragmatic Approach for Estimation of Slope Capacity in Soft Sensitive Clay. Electronic journal of geotechnical engineering. vol. 16/F.
- (2010) Modeling creep and rate effects in structured anisotropic soft clays. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 5 (1).
- (2006) Rate dependent elastoplastic deformation of shear band in sensitive clays. Electronic journal of geotechnical engineering. vol. 10.
- (2006) Ground settlement and wall deformation from a large scale model test on a single strutted sheet pile wall in sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics.
- (2006) Phenomenological issues related to strain localization in sensitive clays. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering. vol. 24.
- (2005) International Centre for Geohazards (ICG): Assessment, prevention and mitigation og geohazards. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 85 (1&2).
- (1999) Dynamic instability of clays; An energy approach. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. vol. 18.
- (2010) NUMGE 2010, Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering. CRC Press. 2010. ISBN 978-0-415-59239-0.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Laboratory setup to evaluate the improvement of geotechnical properties from potassium chloride saturation of a quick clay from Dragvoll, Norway. GeoQuebec2015 - Challenges from North to South.